644 replies to this topic

#451 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Oh it's all PR isnt it? If the tix weren't so expensive then that £4.4m would be a lot less. You can virtually pick your ticket atm, probably go crazy if a popular name is cast whether that be stunt casting or good theatre name (I hope the latter). Trying to think back to last year when BOM tix went on sale, you just couldn't get them for months (unless that was all hype too)

#452 spendleb

spendleb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

Sorry if already posted but could the new Chris be Rory Taylor?

Taken from a recent interview - I have a couple of projects in the pipeline for next year but unfortunately I can’t talk about that, but I can say it will see me relocate to London around spring next year.

#453 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Oh Rory would be good, not my first choice but id be pleased with that

#454 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

What from Search for a Jesus? God I hope not. I thought he was by far one of the weakest contestants, his acting was dire. Lets just have a good well thought of industry professional that has earned his stripes treading the boards in musical theatre not someone who may have toyed with musicals & decided to go on a reality TV show.

#455 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

To be fair, a lot of those who entered the TV casting shows were performing arts trained and, in some cases, already had experience of performing in stage musicals when they auditioned for their respective TV shows.  As far as Superstar was concerned, half the West End auditioned!  So it's unfair to automatically assume that anyone who has been on one of those TV shows was 'toying' with musicals before they auditioned.

#456 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postjohartuk, on 10 September 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

To be fair, a lot of those who entered the TV casting shows were performing arts trained and, in some cases, already had experience of performing in stage musicals when they auditioned for their respective TV shows.  As far as Superstar was concerned, half the West End auditioned!  So it's unfair to automatically assume that anyone who has been on one of those TV shows was 'toying' with musicals before they auditioned.

Yes I am aware that many were theatre trained as some friends of mine auditioned. But that still didn't stop some of them not being up to a West End lead. Being trained and getting experience via swing/ensembles, supporting roles etc is nowhere near the same as singing from a young age and being in a band.  It's like becoming a Dr, yes you've qualified but have you learnt your craft? Given a choice I don't want to be operated on by the Dr who has no experience in the same way I want an actor in a lead role on the West End where I'm paying £60+ for a ticket to have some solid experience & can carry a show/company making me entertained.  I guess I'll get what I'm given seeing as I've already booked my ticket :unsure:

#457 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Mel C can't play Ellen coz she's too old????
What about Kim cant be played by a Vietnamese coz 'they can't sing musical theatre'???

Racist!

#458 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

......."the gays can't play straight as their wrists bend at the wrong angle"........

#459 Mayhem

Mayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Sometimes some actors just aren't leading role material no matter how long they spend treading the boards.

#460 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostMrs Lovett, on 10 September 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Mel C can't play Ellen coz she's too old????
What about Kim cant be played by a Vietnamese coz 'they can't sing musical theatre'???

But if the role requires a certain age and the actor looks far older then surely they aren't suitable or are you being sarcastic and it's gone over my head ;)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users