612 replies to this topic

#51 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

It will likely be the Laurance Connor production - which I thought was brilliant.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#52 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Laughingmonsta, on 11 December 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

It will likely be the Laurance Connor production - which I thought was brilliant.
It's a poor copy
But a team CM can control

#53 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Actually reading interviews - its likely to be the same production as Japan - completely redesigned and not seen before in the UK
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#54 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Laurence Connor seems to be the director for directing revivals/new productions as he did the Les Mis and Phantom 25th anniversary tours and Jesus Christ Superstar and now Miss Saigon.

#55 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Any more news on this ?!

#56 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

I have heard that they have a theatre booked, but no idea where!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#57 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Isn't it the Prince Edward?

#58 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well I have heard a lot of people say that, but Jersey Boys has just extended is booking period, which although doesn't mean much usually, I'm not certain where it will go!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#59 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

I've heard it'll move to the Gielgud. It may just close though, I have no idea how well the show is or isn't doing.

#60 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I have heard rumours of a Jersey Boys tour but dont how much truth there is.

Gielgud was once the plan with Miss Saigon moving into the Prince Edward. However ive heard The Full Monty has the Gielgud and I suspect they plan a lengthy stay there.  Although it depends when Miss Saigon is planned to happen.

I cant see it being any non Cam Mack venue so its really got to be the Prince Edward, I guess Jersey could move to Novello if MM closes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users