640 replies to this topic

#61 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

How about the boys go to the Piccidily when Viva Forever goes?

#62 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Titan, on 08 March 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Gielgud was once the plan with Miss Saigon moving into the Prince Edward. However ive heard The Full Monty has the Gielgud and I suspect they plan a lengthy stay there.  Although it depends when Miss Saigon is planned to happen.

The full Monty is 100% coming to the west end, heard it from lots of people and the tour advertise as "prior to the west end", i have also heard the Gielgud is 99.9% confirmed for it, which is a perfect theater for it in my opinion, Not sure about Jersey Boys, its clear it is coming to an end at the prince edward but would doubt very much it will leave the west end, How is mama mia doing at the Novello or Viva Forever at piccadilly? maybe there ?

#63 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Original plan was to move Jersey Boys to the Novello, but Mamma Mia doesn't seem to be flagging.

#64 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3392 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

It could only move to Piccadily if its cost effective and if Cameron will allow it out of his venues. I cant remembr if he is one of the producers or not

#65 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1404 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

The Noel Coward is another possible theatre as the show could easily downsize but that isn't going to be free until 2014.

#66 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I heard Wind In The Willows was looking at the Prince Edward

#67 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

The Noel Coward is another possible theatre as the show could easily downsize but that isn't going to be free until 2014

Miss Saigon's timeframe indicates a West End arrival in 2014, so that could work, but it's a little on the small side to comfortably house a big musical.

#68 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1404 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

popcultureboy, on 08 March 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Miss Saigon's timeframe indicates a West End arrival in 2014, so that could work, but it's a little on the small side to comfortably house a big musical.

The Jersey Boys set is fairly basic but I agree its a little small. If non DMT theatres are being considered, perhaps the Savoy?

#69 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hairspray is likely to go to the savoy for 4 months before it goes back on tour in 2014. Let it be - ends in September I believe.

Chorus Line finishes in 2014 and then planned to tour the uk. Meaning the palladium will be free for miss S, also depends if ALW will let CM use his theatre I guess..

#70 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3392 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

xfactor is circling palladium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users