#82 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

The Barbican.  Will never happen but should.

#83 SuperSecretBoyband

SuperSecretBoyband

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

The auditionees have been reduced to the final 3 for Kim: Rachelle Ann Go, Aicelle Santos and Frencheska Farr.

Party Pilipinas did a Miss Saigon medley with the 3 of them plus another girl:
Aicelle is the first one singing (Movie in My Mind), she has short hair and a sleeveless dress
Frencheska is the second one singing (finishing off Gigi's part of MIMM), in the 3/4 sleeve dress
Rachelle I think couldn't be there that day so she pops up on the screen singing the last of MIMM and I think most of Sun & Moon

Thought the people on the board would like to see the contenders for Kim + her understudies :)
Seen:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (UK tour, Wolverhampton), RENT 20th Anniversary Concert (Stoke-on-Trent), Evita (UK tour, Wolverhampton), Wicked (London), The Commitments (London), Les Miserables (London), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (UK tour, Birmingham)

#84 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Personally my vote is for Rachelle Ann Go! But they all sound great!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#85 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yes, I'd also go with Rachelle.  I also liked the girl who sang before her (the one we don't have a name for).  Having said that, they're all good and I wouldn't like to be having to make that decision.  Good Luck to whoever gets it. :)

#86 SuperSecretBoyband

SuperSecretBoyband

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

The other girl is Rita Iringan, she auditioned too and got at least one callback but obviously didn't get as far as the others. I think all 3 will be Kim in the show, it's just a question of who's principal and who's alternate/understudy.

Also I don't think the revival will be at least for a few months, Rachelle's only just started in Tarzan in Manila and I haven't heard any audition announcements for the other roles.
Seen:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (UK tour, Wolverhampton), RENT 20th Anniversary Concert (Stoke-on-Trent), Evita (UK tour, Wolverhampton), Wicked (London), The Commitments (London), Les Miserables (London), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (UK tour, Birmingham)

#87 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostSuperSecretBoyband, on 06 June 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

The other girl is Rita Iringan, she auditioned too and got at least one callback but obviously didn't get as far as the others. I think all 3 will be Kim in the show, it's just a question of who's principal and who's alternate/understudy.

Also I don't think the revival will be at least for a few months, Rachelle's only just started in Tarzan in Manila and I haven't heard any audition announcements for the other roles.

Spring 2014 has been rumoured for Miss Saigon, I believe it's going into the Prince Edward,

#88 JAD

JAD

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostJon, on 06 June 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Spring 2014 has been rumoured for Miss Saigon, I believe it's going into the Prince Edward,

Wherever and whenever it's going to be on, I wish they'd get on with telling us.

#89 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

Jersey Boys transferring to Piccadily in March 2014, so a Spring/Summer opening for Miss Saigon is possible

#90 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

I expect they'll announce it by the end of summer and have a huge build up.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users