CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I wish I was!

Unfortunatly I don't have the money.

Booked my train tickets for the 21st July yesterday though tongue.gif I need a hotel now.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#3 amyja89

amyja89

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

With a trip to the West End on the 27th for We Will Rock You, my theatre funds are empty for this month!

Would have loved to have gone though, even more so than to Kerry's last.

Can't wait for Alexia to pick up where she left off and really take her run as the green lady by storm!

happy.gif

2010 so far: The Phantom Of The Opera - Legally Blonde - Priscilla Queen Of The Desert

#4 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

Really do wish I was going.

Alexia interests me; she seems to have built up a large fan-base so she must be doing *something* right, as her YouTube videos to me sound rather flat and uninspiring.

I guess she's one of those who sound better live.

#5 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

Ahh, no - but strallenfan, you've promised to give an update / review - we're counting on it!  

<crosses fingers and toes for Alexia because she rocks>
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#6 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

I'm not quite ready to think about going back yet, last night was too brilliant. But when I do go back, it will be for Ashleigh. I liked Alexia, she was good, but if I never saw her again I wouldn't be bothered.

I'm interested for the new cast though!! smile.gif But as I said, it will be when Ashleigh gets a date (well, another one! 1 month is not a long break laugh.gif )

#7 Leopard

Leopard

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(tsxmitw @ May 10 2009, 08:34 PM) View Post
Really do wish I was going.

Alexia interests me; she seems to have built up a large fan-base so she must be doing *something* right, as her YouTube videos to me sound rather flat and uninspiring.

I guess she's one of those who sound better live.

I have to say - and I await the abuse directed at me for saying this - that I didn't think she was any better live. I also had the misfortune of seeing her in the Lion King too - her voice and acting just don't work for me I'm afraid!

That said people like her so it's probably just me...

I will be returning to see Sam Kelly though - who is something of a hero since childhood for me! I will unashamedly be stage - dooring for him afterwards too! *the chance to meet Captain Hans Geering!!!!!*

#8 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(Leopard @ May 10 2009, 10:08 PM) View Post
I have to say - and I await the abuse directed at me for saying this - that I didn't think she was any better live. I also had the misfortune of seeing her in the Lion King too - her voice and acting just don't work for me I'm afraid!

Leopard, no abuse but just curious - did you see her in Wicked early in her run?  Because I think she really grew into the role as her run progressed.  

I did see her in Lion King, just after her temporary-takeover was announced, and I thought she was the best thing onstage, apart from Scar.  

I don't know, she's very different from Kerry, but I do think she carved out her own "Elphaba space" - and I thought she had just a wonderful voice.  I'm looking forward to seeing / hearing her take this time round.
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#9 Leopard

Leopard

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ May 10 2009, 10:17 PM) View Post
Leopard, no abuse but just curious - did you see her in Wicked early in her run? Because I think she really grew into the role as her run progressed.

I did see her in Lion King, just after her temporary-takeover was announced, and I thought she was the best thing onstage, apart from Scar.

I don't know, she's very different from Kerry, but I do think she carved out her own "Elphaba space" - and I thought she had just a wonderful voice. I'm looking forward to seeing / hearing her take this time round.

I think I did see her relatively early perhaps - maybe that was it.

I think I am just not a huge fan of her voice - it is a little nasal for me (she was also singing a little flat for most of the Lion King when I saw her) - perhaps she was having bad days?! ...in fairness I can see why people do like her - and she is a very likable person she really is - I am just not a fan - but like I said each to their own.

The joy of performance - you can please some of the people etc.

#10 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

Alexia is Nasally? Kerry Ellis is perhaps the most nasal performer I have heard in the west end at the moment!

I think Alexia is the strongest Elphie I have seen in the UK - great voice, and fantastic and believable character journey throughout the whole show!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users