704 replies to this topic

#651 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

Yet another valuable contribution from 'Guest'.

#652 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Hmmm...what a big shock that it came from Mr "Guest".

[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#653 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

I've had the same favourite all the way through. Although at one point I did love Kerry as much as I loved Alexia. But I have always connected most with Alexia. Like I've said many times, I totally understand why people like Ashleigh, Kerry, Sabrina more etc, it really does come down to personal opinion.

#654 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(strallenfan @ Jul 30 2009, 06:36 PM) View Post
I've had the same favourite all the way through. Although at one point I did love Kerry as much as I loved Alexia. But I have always connected most with Alexia. Like I've said many times, I totally understand why people like Ashleigh, Kerry, Sabrina more etc, it really does come down to personal opinion.

Strallenfan - on wednesday did you notice the massive camera flash when Ashleigh went up in the Defying Gravity?

#655 fabala87

fabala87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

I am the same. I have seen kerry, ashleigh and alexia and for me, kerry was the one that stood out for me. Not that i didn't appreciate both aleixa and ashleigh's performances, i thought they were both great and brought something new and original to their interpretation. But for me personally, kerry has been my favourite.
Though if i'd had the chance to see Willemijn......perhaps then, to quote the eloquent words of the illusory Mr. Guest, i might have seen elphaba 'for the first time'.....

#656 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(tsxmitw @ Jul 30 2009, 06:52 PM) View Post
Strallenfan - on wednesday did you notice the massive camera flash when Ashleigh went up in the Defying Gravity?

I didn't notice it but I was too busy watching her rise than anything else.

I love both Kerry and Ashleigh. They both bring something different to the role and I could connect well to both interpretations. I don't see a massive problem with changing 'favourites' as different people and interpretations are seen every time there is a new elphaba. Some people are very erratic I agree but then it is all down to opinion and we all have our favourites.

#657 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

I confess I've just read Guest's post & found it very funny. As someone who has followed Wicked London, and therefore to an extent it's fandom, since it opened I have seen/heard opinions pretty much the same as everything Guest posted. Though not all from the one person I hasten to add. As an timeline of Wicked London fandom it's a pretty good overview!

#658 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

Oh, yes! There were two really bright camera flashes in DG. Ash/Dianne didn't react at all bless them.

#659 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 30 2009, 02:17 PM) View Post
Now for the run down and generic reviewing of important historical Wicked London dates:
September 2006 - Idina - Omg, Indeena, the original. For the first time I saw Elphaba on stage o.O
December 2006 - Wow, Idina was even better. For the first time I saw Elphaba and not Idina.
January 2007 - Damn you Kerry Ellis stealing Idina's role.
January 2007 - Cassidy Janson? Wow it was like seeing Idina. For the first time I saw Elphaba on stage.
June 2007 - For the first time, I saw Elphaba and not Kerry Ellis on stage.
July 2007 - Shona White riffs and is leaving so she can be universally liked now.
August 2007 - Kerry Ellis has really come into her own since Dianne became her Glinda.
November 2007 - Cassidy Janson...... for the first time I saw Elphaba on stage.
December 2007 - When Kerry performed with Caroline as Glinda, I saw Elphaba and not Kerry for the first time.
May 2008 - Cassidy Janson is the greatest actress that ever lived.
June 2008 - Kerry Ellis!
August 2008 - Alexia Khadime is amazing. For the first time I saw Elphaba on stage.
December 2008 - Kerry Ellis: for the first time she was Elphaba because broadway made her acting good.
February 2009 - Ashleigh Gray? For the first time I saw Elphaba on stage.
May 2009 - Kerry Ellis!
June 2009 - Alexia Khadime is so much better. Her Elphaba is so real.
July 2009 - Sabrina Carter is the greatest. For the first time I saw Elphaba on stage.
August 2009 - Ashleigh Gray is just so Elphaba on stage.

Hmm, we can only wonder what the future holds!

Hahahaha sorry but this IS funny. Describes Wicked fans perfectly. LOVED all the stuff about 'first time seeing Elphaba not Kerry/CJ/Ashleigh' as thats exactly what I always hear!

#660 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(Dawnstar @ Jul 30 2009, 07:12 PM) View Post
I confess I've just read Guest's post & found it very funny.

Same here. And it's most apposite in a thread about the fans' favourites that has now passed the 650-post mark.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users