704 replies to this topic

#661 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

wink.gif I found it quite amusing too. Sorry.

#662 fabala87

fabala87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

^ i probably would too... if i actually understood it! ohmy.gif i am relatively new to the world (first time late 2008) of wicked so am ignorant to the fandom that went before me.
While i disagree with condoning people for changing their favourites, but if this is a recurring thing for people when a new actress is brought in well, that's a little silly!!

#663 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(fabala87 @ Jul 31 2009, 09:09 PM) View Post
^ i probably would too... if i actually understood it! ohmy.gif i am relatively new to the world (first time late 2008) of wicked so am ignorant to the fandom that went before me.
While i disagree with condoning people for changing their favourites, but if this is a recurring thing for people when a new actress is brought in well, that's a little silly!!

lol agreed! I only saw it for the first time earlier this year so whilst I know there is a history of fandom I don't really understand it all, or really want to. I'm quite happy just enjoying being a fan of the show.

#664 starby

starby

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

Sadly I'm biased and was out the door with Ellis, on both occasions she left. But I do admit it. I'm also an Oli fan and the Sabrina show was the first time I'd been back since cast change!
With Wicked there will always be this insane fanbase, and I do love it but I won't sleep in Victoria for a show. There will always be the Wicked fans who are OTT, and there are the Wicked fans who pretend the aren't OTT but spend all day on a forum discussing the show AND the other fans.Personally, I know who does more damage!

#665 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE(starby @ Aug 3 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
Sadly I'm biased and was out the door with Ellis, on both occasions she left. But I do admit it. I'm also an Oli fan and the Sabrina show was the first time I'd been back since cast change!
With Wicked there will always be this insane fanbase, and I do love it but I won't sleep in Victoria for a show. There will always be the Wicked fans who are OTT, and there are the Wicked fans who pretend the aren't OTT but spend all day on a forum discussing the show AND the other fans.Personally, I know who does more damage!

That's why they created WitchesOfOz - to keep them all in one place. Seriously though, some of the stuff they say scares me. They're like real life Chris Crockers.

#666 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

So now WitchesofOz, NOBY AND K-E.net are getting targeted? Great stuff.

It's sad that being a Wicked fan is considered to be a terrible thing. There are some people who are a bit obsessive, yes. I, for one, see the show more than the average fan but I think we've distinguished in this thread there's no real harm in that unless you act like a fanbrat. And by that I mean disrespecting the audience and the cast.

#667 ollie

ollie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:42 PM

Has anyone day ticketed recently- Im going next Wednesday matinee and was wondering what the state of the queue has been recently- can't get there until 9:30am. Also has anyone got student tickets recently- what have those tickets been like recently- the last time I went I got offered awful tickets sad.gif

#668 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(ollie @ Aug 5 2009, 03:42 PM) View Post
Has anyone day ticketed recently- Im going next Wednesday matinee and was wondering what the state of the queue has been recently- can't get there until 9:30am. Also has anyone got student tickets recently- what have those tickets been like recently- the last time I went I got offered awful tickets sad.gif

I got student tickets the week Kerry left and they were brilliant seats. J Stalls right in the middle.

#669 ollie

ollie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Beanie88 @ Aug 5 2009, 05:03 PM) View Post
I got student tickets the week Kerry left and they were brilliant seats. J Stalls right in the middle.

Yeah I have normally got really good seats in the front block but the last 2/3 times I have been I've been offered literally back of stalls and back of circle top price block! I must go in and just ask for a top price ticket then produce my student card!

#670 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

Seems like cheering for Alexia when shes going up in defying gravity works just like it did with Kerry Ellis. She popped out riffs on "western sky" and "from me" that i've never heard before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users