704 replies to this topic

#671 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

When was that? She's not back til tomorrow! and I would kill to hear her riff DG again.. it was the best riff I've ever heard!

#672 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(ollie @ Aug 5 2009, 03:42 PM) View Post
Has anyone day ticketed recently- Im going next Wednesday matinee and was wondering what the state of the queue has been recently- can't get there until 9:30am. Also has anyone got student tickets recently- what have those tickets been like recently- the last time I went I got offered awful tickets sad.gif

I day ticketed yesterday (wednesday) and the queue was huge by 10am, I don't know if everyone got seats. It was all the way back to stage door. i student ticketed a few weeks ago and got stalls row..... oh, whatever the first one is in the second section back. Loads of leg room, there's a walkway there! It was about 12 too, so if you are a student you should have no problem getting a decent seat.

#673 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

Caaaaaaaaaat.. it may thrillify you to know that I'm going to give Ashleigh another chance in September!

#674 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(strallenfan @ Aug 6 2009, 01:53 PM) View Post
Caaaaaaaaaat.. it may thrillify you to know that I'm going to give Ashleigh another chance in September!

She's back on in sept? I thought they had changed that? I would definitely go see her again. She greatly impressed me last week.

#675 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

Woop woop!!! I hope you love her.

She still has dates in september, they're just different to the ones she had before. We asked her about it yesterday, and she said Alexia changed her holiday. But she's keeping the monday because she has family coming down to see her and they'd already booked hotels!

#676 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(cat123 @ Aug 6 2009, 02:31 PM) View Post
Woop woop!!! I hope you love her.

She still has dates in september, they're just different to the ones she had before. We asked her about it yesterday, and she said Alexia changed her holiday. But she's keeping the monday because she has family coming down to see her and they'd already booked hotels!

Ta, I shall have to look into that later. I want to see an evening performance at some point but London is just so expensive to stay in and I can't get a train back home that late.

#677 starby

starby

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:12 AM

I gave Alexia another chance. Is it just me? Or does she not seem quite as enthusiastic as she was when she initially did her 6 months? Whilst I didn't like her performance, I always gave her credit for the fact, she geniunely went out and gave 200% every show. And tonight, she'd been away for a bit, I was expecting a corker of a show from her, but it never came. (remembers Ellis after a holiday performances)

#678 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(starby @ Aug 8 2009, 01:12 AM) View Post
I gave Alexia another chance. Is it just me? Or does she not seem quite as enthusiastic as she was when she initially did her 6 months? Whilst I didn't like her performance, I always gave her credit for the fact, she geniunely went out and gave 200% every show. And tonight, she'd been away for a bit, I was expecting a corker of a show from her, but it never came. (remembers Ellis after a holiday performances)

I had a friend there who isn't first and foremost an Alexia fan (she's an Ashleigh fan) and she said the complete opposite. And I have to say, I really do disagree, I've seen her six times since she came back and only once was she not giving it her all and that was when she was REALLY ill and obviously shouldn't have been on stage.

#679 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(strallenfan @ Aug 4 2009, 04:06 PM) View Post
So now WitchesofOz, NOBY AND K-E.net are getting targeted? Great stuff.

It's sad that being a Wicked fan is considered to be a terrible thing. There are some people who are a bit obsessive, yes. I, for one, see the show more than the average fan but I think we've distinguished in this thread there's no real harm in that unless you act like a fanbrat. And by that I mean disrespecting the audience and the cast.

Don't really know the other 2, but witchesofoz comes across very cult-ish. No offense if you're normal, I just see stuff on there that's very creepy and they seem to have unwritten laws revolving around the worship of Wicked and its actresses blink.gif i will say it's more from fans of the American productions at least.

#680 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 10 2009, 03:24 PM) View Post
Don't really know the other 2, but witchesofoz comes across very cult-ish. No offense if you're normal, I just see stuff on there that's very creepy and they seem to have unwritten laws revolving around the worship of Wicked and its actresses blink.gif i will say it's more from fans of the American productions at least.

I think it depends on the different parts of the board. As someone who's been a member there for Wicked London's duration I'd say that the sections discussing the individual productions are (usually!) relatively sane but I never read the Fanfiction & Fanclub sections as I found those too odd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users