Alexia's First Back / New Wicked Cast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
704 replies to this topic

#681 Guest_guest_!_*

Guest_guest_!_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(strallenfan @ Aug 6 2009, 12:10 PM) View Post
When was that? She's not back til tomorrow! and I would kill to hear her riff DG again.. it was the best riff I've ever heard!

What was the riff like - notes?

#682 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

So did Ashleigh manage those 12 shows in a row? I have been away you see.

#683 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(tsxmitw @ Aug 11 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post
So did Ashleigh manage those 12 shows in a row? I have been away you see.

She did smile.gif And I'm very happy she proved everyone who said she couldn't (including myself) wrong.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#684 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(CaityGlinda @ Aug 11 2009, 05:27 PM) View Post
She did smile.gif And I'm very happy she proved everyone who said she couldn't (including myself) wrong.

And me, I must admit.  Well done Ash (...though a tiny part of me wishes Sabrina had sung at least once...).

Hey gang, maybe we should start a new thread on Wicked Cast 2009-2010 since we've got 69 pages now on Alexia's First Night Back?  Any takers??
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#685 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

NO SPLACE. This thread is my baby! LOL wink.gif

Alexia ran up to an A I believe, in the last "Briing Me Down" from her last show. It's on youtube.

#686 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(strallenfan @ Aug 12 2009, 10:19 AM) View Post
NO SPLACE. This thread is my baby! LOL wink.gif

You're allowed to have more than one, you know ... wink.gif
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#687 ollie

ollie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

I went and saw the show again today, my god the queue by 10am was massive! Mind you even with all of those people the matinee show was still had quite a number of empty seats which was a bit of a shame!

Anyway moving on to the actual performance, the last few times that I've seen the show I've really enjoyed parts of it but others it has bored me to death just through maybe seeing it too many times or the fact that it was poor performances. However today I got the old feeling back again where I was blown away by the show. Alexia was on fire again today and she really is brilliant, I think she is slowly becomming my favourite Elphaba! Dianne was her usual self and I just love her performance- and how she still manages to change little bits about Glinda is amazing!
I always feel a bit weird about Oli, sometimes he can be brilliant, and other times well the less said the better really! But today was one of his brilliant shows in my opinion. Also having Desmond back as the Wizard was wonderful, pardon the pun. I just really like him in the role as I think he just adds something to the role that other actors have not. Im warming to Natalie even more, her acting is perfect for the role and if her voice was more powerful she would be the best at the role. However during WWOTE, Alexia's chanting was louder than Natalie singing the song which didnt quite work. The weak link again for me today was Alex as Boq, I just dont seem to click with his interpretation of the character really.
Aileen as Morrible was good also, maybe just a bit to young in my opinion but good overall. She's a lot more subtle in the role and I did miss Harriet a bit as shes just so evil!

After all my ramblings, I just wanted to say how good it was to come out of the theatre having watched a brilliant show and getting that blown away feeling once again!

#688 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(ollie @ Aug 12 2009, 10:58 PM) View Post
I went and saw the show again today, my god the queue by 10am was massive! Mind you even with all of those people the matinee show was still had quite a number of empty seats which was a bit of a shame!

Anyway moving on to the actual performance, the last few times that I've seen the show I've really enjoyed parts of it but others it has bored me to death just through maybe seeing it too many times or the fact that it was poor performances. However today I got the old feeling back again where I was blown away by the show. Alexia was on fire again today and she really is brilliant, I think she is slowly becomming my favourite Elphaba! Dianne was her usual self and I just love her performance- and how she still manages to change little bits about Glinda is amazing!
I always feel a bit weird about Oli, sometimes he can be brilliant, and other times well the less said the better really! But today was one of his brilliant shows in my opinion. Also having Desmond back as the Wizard was wonderful, pardon the pun. I just really like him in the role as I think he just adds something to the role that other actors have not. Im warming to Natalie even more, her acting is perfect for the role and if her voice was more powerful she would be the best at the role. However during WWOTE, Alexia's chanting was louder than Natalie singing the song which didnt quite work. The weak link again for me today was Alex as Boq, I just dont seem to click with his interpretation of the character really.
Aileen as Morrible was good also, maybe just a bit to young in my opinion but good overall. She's a lot more subtle in the role and I did miss Harriet a bit as shes just so evil!

After all my ramblings, I just wanted to say how good it was to come out of the theatre having watched a brilliant show and getting that blown away feeling once again!

awesome. I have yet to see Alexia but hearing reports like this just makes me more and more desperate to save up my coppers to make it back down to london to see her.

#689 ollie

ollie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE(Beanie88 @ Aug 12 2009, 11:14 PM) View Post
awesome. I have yet to see Alexia but hearing reports like this just makes me more and more desperate to save up my coppers to make it back down to london to see her.

Honestly do it! She seems to be improving every time I see her and she brings so much to the role in my opinion. I know a lot of people who don't like her for this reason or that, but she portrays the role perfectly. One thing I forgot to mention was how she changed from Act 1 to Act 2, I mean she even changed her tone of voice- I may just have to go and see Wicked again soon!

#690 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

Oh believe me, if I had the 70 it would cost me to get down there and get a ticket I would be going asap but alas I don't so I shall have to wait until I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users