13 replies to this topic

#1 Charlotte

Charlotte

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

Am I the only one who is a bit sceptical?! I hope it lives up to The Lion King and Beauty and the Beasts standards!
Should have some good catchy songs though. Any idea of news for a cast recording?

#2 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(Charlotte @ Mar 12 2007, 03:29 PM) View Post
Am I the only one who is a bit sceptical?! I hope it lives up to The Lion King and Beauty and the Beasts standards!
Should have some good catchy songs though. Any idea of news for a cast recording?

Cast recording will be long off, doesnt open until December!!

I do have my doubts, I think Disney hit their peak with Beauty and the Beast in terms of story telling and staging. Lion King is amazing to look at but the book is a bit slow at times. Since then nothing has lived up to them.

I hope its a success and I hope to see it in NYC at the end of the year. fingers crossed

#3 Jake

Jake

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

There was a fairly negative report by Michael Riedel about it in the New York Post recently (Google for it).. there's going to be no water or flying in it. I'd take what he says with a pinch of salt, but he's always insightful in any case.

#4 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(Jake @ Mar 12 2007, 04:20 PM) View Post
there's going to be no water or flying in it. I'd take what he says with a pinch of salt, but he's always insightful in any case.

This I like as it sounds different from the film and not the most traditional of staging methods. B&B bored me greatly. At least LK (not Lorriane Kelly!) is different

Trouble is lots of people want something traditional or how they think it should it be. Recently at Wicked I heard quite a few people moaning about the lack of flying

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#5 Jake

Jake

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:24 PM

The article also said that they were going to be using those shoes that have wheels inside them.

#6 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Jake @ Mar 12 2007, 10:24 PM) View Post
The article also said that they were going to be using those shoes that have wheels inside them.

mm, i'd heard something about rollerskates.

sounds hideous to me..

whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#7 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:01 PM

I'm looking forward to TLM simply because it is one of my favourite films and it will be interesting how it adapts for the stage. After Tarzan, hopefully Disney can pull it off.

There were discussions on the previous WOS board that The Lyceum has been earmarked for The Little Mermaid when it transfers to London in the future but I wonder if Disney would close or transfer the Lion King as it is still selling well.

#8 Charlotte

Charlotte

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:34 AM

oh right. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing it, I want it to prove me wrong! It would be a shame to move the lion king out though

#9 Helly

Helly

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

I hope it will too. I'm sure it will be. Disney know how to pull off a show ;]
Beauty and the Beast was/is wonderful though. Definitely my favourtite out of the Lion King/Mary Poppins. I loved it. I hope it comes back to the West End soon.

#10 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:07 AM

I guess it could always go into the Theatre Royal Drury Lane if LOTR doesnt take off big time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users