159 replies to this topic

#1 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

This cast change takes place on Sunday 10th March 2013. Not all of the names below are officially confirmed by the show, producers or the theatre it should be said; instead they rely on things that have been said at stage door/passed on from that person directly, or via Facebook/Twitter.

Thought this should be started as Dan Burton has announced today that he will be joining 'The Pyjama Game' in Chichester next year, and therefore leaving come March. As contracts are up for renewal soon and auditions are imminent, post any news here!

Leaving: Matthew Wycliffe (Bob Gaudio), Eugene McCoy (Nick Massi), Howard Jones (Bob Crewe), Dan Burton (Joe Pesci), Mark Carroll (Knuckles), Trina Hill (Francine), Michael Conway (Swing)

Staying: Ryan Molloy (Frankie Valli), Edd Post (Bob Gaudio), Jon Boydon (Tommy DeVito), Jon Lee (alt. Frankie Valli), Stuart Milligan (Gyp DeCarlo), Ben Jennings (Joe Pesci), Tee Jaye (Barry Belson), Jake Samuels (Norm Waxman), Chris Gardner (Hank Majewski), Nicola Brazil (Mary Delgado), Lucy Martin (Lorraine), Mark Isherwood (Swing), Ben Wheeler (Swing), Lucinda Gill (Swing), Gemma Whitelam (Swing)

New Cast: David McGranaghan (Nick Massi), Will Barratt (Bob Crewe), Mark Halliday (Knuckles), Rebecca Jayne-Davies (Francine), Stuart King (Swing), Ben Evans (Swing), Michael Watson (Swing)
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#2 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hmmm...makes me want to go down in November to see his Frankie even more now

#3 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Michael Conway is leaving.

#4 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostSteffi, on 24 October 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Michael Conway is leaving.

Not surprised as he had hinted as much to me a while back but very sad all the same :(
WEST END SHOWS:
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked

#5 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him in another show (once he gets a new job). :)
Love him in Jersey Boys but three years is a long time.

#6 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Yeah, hopefully he'll be able to stay on a West End stage where he so clearly belongs.

And it is, which really does make me wonder whether Ryan will call it a day this time round after 5 years!
WEST END SHOWS:

#7 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Ryan is undecided so far.

#8 Topstar2

Topstar2

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Such a good show. Every cast change must be difficult in picking the right cast from year to year as it's such a hard vocal for the lead and covers. If you notice it's quite a older cast ranging from mid twenties. A lot of shows seems to have really young performers who look look like they are straight from collage. When I was there a couple of weeks ago some of the front of house were telling a couple behind me that it was going to be a big cast change this time with a lot of this cast not having their contracts renewed. Well I didn't take a lot of notice as I'm sure rumours do fly around every year. It's been quite a solid show for me with normally good casting from year to year. Everybody has their personal favourites in whatever parts. That's what keeps  shows going. Good luck to everyone who is staying or leaving.we wouldn't have shows of this quality without you.

#9 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Agree with a lot of that post :)

Nicola Brazil and Trina Hill are leaving. Apparently Matthew Wycliffe told people at the stage door last week and again tonight that he was going too :(. Edd Post is staying on though which I am pleased about after the amount of time he's unfortunately been sidelined for this year.
WEST END SHOWS:

#10 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostJD094, on 25 October 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

Yeah, hopefully he'll be able to stay on a West End stage where he so clearly belongs.

And it is, which really does make me wonder whether Ryan will call it a day this time round after 5 years!

Haven't seen him in Jersey Boys, but had a good sing song with him at the Phoenix last night, Michael that is. Great voice and a lovely guy :)
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users