#101 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Oh dear, several cast members won't be happy if two shows on a Sunday became a reality.

Edit: Just asked one of the cast and the two shows on 20th October were complete news to him. He wants to look into it.

#102 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well sod's law, now they've sorted the booking site out, extended through to February 2014 and Sunday 20th October now has one show as before.

Anyone have an updated understudy list please? I've heard Tee Jaye is covering Bob Crewe again!
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#103 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Tommie Earl Jenkins is listed as 3rd cover Crewe in the new program.

It also lists Ben Jennings as second cover Frankie, but in fact he shares 1st cover with Michael, Ben Evans also told me he shares the Joey cover with Michael too, I would assume it is the same for the covering of the Barry role
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 178 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#104 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Has anyone seen the new cast?  Opinions? I'd like to know how Will Barrett is, I think he's Bob Crewe

#105 Camholgate

Camholgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Having seen the show today, Wills take on Bob Crewe is nothing short of superb-he is a star in the role! However,out of the new cast, the stand out is definitely David McGranaghan as Nick Massi; he played the part superbly and his performance was outstanding-he portrayed Nick as a serious figure who in the 2nd half, really took a stance during the '10 years' scene. Absolutely brilliant voice,and the star of the show today!

#106 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

How was Edd as Bob Gaudio? He's one I'm most looking forward to seeing :)
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#107 Camholgate

Camholgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Edds voice is great yet I'm sorry to say i just couldn't warm to his Bob Gaudio, his acting let him down sadly in my opinion and he didn't quite fit the role of Bob Gaudio. In my opinion, I would rather go and see Chris Gardner in the role.

#108 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Saw the new cast for the first time yesterday. I've been watching the show since it started and so far I've always liked every new cast. However, yesterday I was actually quite disappointed. For me there was something missing. The show was lacking a certain sparkle and.
Obviously a new cast needs time to settle in but I've never left the theatre so disappointed after having seen a new cast for the first time (and I always go about two weeks after cast change).
I liked Will's Bob Crewe and thought Rebecca made a cute Francine. But I couldn't warm to Edd's Bob Gaudio or David's Nick Massi. And the four leads together had little on stage chemistry.
But I'm sad to say my times as a Jersey Boys regular seem to be coming to an end.

I've summed up my thoughts here if anyone wants to have a read:
http://confessionsof...4th-march-2013/

#109 Camholgate

Camholgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I completely agree on your analysis of Will and Rebecca. Would you agree that Chris suits the role of Bob Gaudio much better than Edd?

#110 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yes, definitely. I've seen Chris several times and always enjoyed his Bob Gaudio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users