11 replies to this topic

#1 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I have started to get a little disheartened by coming on the board and seeing the bad behaviour on the top of the discussions board, so this is a little thread to change that and celebrate and praise where possible by name and theatre, those staff members who have gone that little bit extra and made your trip to the theatre a really memorable one.

So can anyone start the ball rolling?
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#2 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Beth and I met a lovely box office man when she was booking for Our Boys at Duchess Theatre....he was really helpful.

Plus the booking people at Hampstead also get full marks...we had both booked single unreserved seats separately and when the time came to allocate seats they were quite happy to put us together. Thanks Hampstead! :)

#3 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

I'd like to put myself forward for keeping my patience over the years when people ask for a seat for a show and I say "Sorry, it's sold out" and they say "But have you got any in the balcony?" And I say "Sorry, it's sold out" and they say "Well, what about the tiered stalls then?"
Last Christmas I had mugs made up with "What Part of Sold Out Don't You Understand?"
Also for keeping cool when they say "Hang on I'll just pop upstairs and get my credit card".....

#4 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

^Glad to hear it. The staff at the Duchess are usually extremely nice.

#5 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

There are some lovely people at the Prince Edward Theatre box office who have been really helpful on several occasions.

#6 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Have mentioned these both before but they deserve all the praise.

Was with a friend who uses a walker at Shrek and as soon as we walked into the foyer someone was with us offering to take us through the back to a less steps route to our seats, they came over to help at the interval too, so full marks to front of house at Theatre royal drury lane.

Always have good service at the Shaftesbury box office.

#7 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I had to return my spare at the Jermyn Street Theatre the other night.  I did that at 6pm. Came back at 7:25pm and the same lady from the box office was right there to say to me "oh there you are, we sold you ticket and will process the refund."  Then at the end of the show, I think I was about the first person out and another lady was there by the door waiting for me and handed my reciept.

Lovely.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#8 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

Though I don't like the prices and ambience at the new St James Theatre, all the (uniformly young) staff did make a very positive impression on me:  very friendly, welcoming, courteous and customer-focused.

#9 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Always been very impressed with the box office staff at the Royal Court
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#10 Lindsay

Lindsay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

My parents went to see Sweeney Todd for the Golden Wedding Anniversary.  Mum is in a chair and needs help.  The staff at The Adelphi were brilliant with both my parents, really helpful from arrival to the end and helped with the surprise meeting of Michael Ball.  So my love and thanks goes out to everyone who helped from Emma the manager to Eric the assistant manger and everyone inbetween

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users