Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 05 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

You booked?

Indeed, nice and central too...July 22nd! See you there Red Rose!

#12 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

A nice summer treat!

20th May for me, day after my birthday :)

#13 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 05 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

I think it's cos I've spread the news on twitter, and lots have gone!

Try 24th June (https://secure.atgti...98-FA6C35CC0F10) , row A stalls, on either side. Blue in colour.

Perfect date for me, so I've booked!  What a bargain - thank you, Pharaoh's number 2.

Anyone else going that day?

#14 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Thank you, PN2 - I've now managed to book, though had the "you may not leave a single ticket" issue, which was really frustrating - anyone else find this?  So even though there were £10 tix available, I had to try several different dates to circumvent this glitch.  Discrimination against those who go alone!  Also, bizarrely, though I'm an ATG member and logged in successfully, I had to create a new account in order to pay.  Another mystery, but I'm very grateful for the tip-off.

#15 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postfringefan, on 06 November 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Thank you, PN2 - I've now managed to book, though had the "you may not leave a single ticket" issue, which was really frustrating - anyone else find this?  So even though there were £10 tix available, I had to try several different dates to circumvent this glitch.  Discrimination against those who go alone!  Also, bizarrely, though I'm an ATG member and logged in successfully, I had to create a new account in order to pay.  Another mystery, but I'm very grateful for the tip-off.

The single ticket issue is frequently annoying, especially when there aren't many options - sometimes the only way I've been able to book is to do so by phone.  As for ATG logging in, don't get me started!  I have so many problems with that site.

#16 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I had the most ridiculous single seat issue when booking for The Audience through Delfont Mackintosh a couple of weeks back. There were 5 or so pairs of seats left n the stalls for the date I wanted, all top price, and given they were pairs, I couldn't book online since 1 seat would leave a single seat. Also, I wanted that specific date since it was the only matinee at the preview rate. So I thought I'd give them a ring, and they'd be able to override it. How wrong I was. Instead, I was told that I was being fussy by wanting to sit in the stalls and that I should get a seat at the back of the dress circle. Sorry- at £50 a pop, I don't want back of the dress when there are seats in row E stalls available at the same price.

I made the point that this policy was discriminating against single theatregoers. In response, the rude woman told me I should find someone to go with me, in a way which implied I was 'sad' for wanting to go on my own. She then made the point that it was the same as a group of 3 wanting to book for a show, but there being 2 seats left. That's clearly not the same: there there are not enough seats left, where in my instance, there are. They just wouldn't sell one to me.

Anyway, rant over. I booked in the end, as someone in my family said they'd quite like to see it too. But I was not impressed with Delfont's customer service.

#17 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostBeth, on 06 November 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Perfect date for me, so I've booked!  What a bargain - thank you, Pharaoh's number 2.

Anyone else going that day?

Yup - one lone £10 seat in the stalls was pleading with me to take it...

#18 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

So someone must have been allowed to leave a single seat vacant!

#19 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 06 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Yup - one lone £10 seat in the stalls was pleading with me to take it...

I left it specially for you!

#20 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postfringefan, on 06 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

So someone must have been allowed to leave a single seat vacant!

It was me!  You can if you book by phone - they never seem to mind.  I was at the theatre the other day and the woman next to me thanked me for buying my seat (which I did by phone), because it left hers as a single ticket that she was then able to buy online!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users