• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Just listening to the soundtrack to the show and wondered if any other of my West End fans would like to see this transfer to Blighty? I know it flopped on Broadway but seems like if the book was fixed up, it could work. What do you think?
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!

#2 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

I think we may be in the minority. I really like the songs. What is it about Frank wildhorn that seems to get critics backs up?
If it came to the UK (even as a tour), I'd love to see it.

#3 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

The score is very good. The show however was very messy and just didn't seem to work. I liked it but it seems like the kind of show that could work on tour but not in the commercial West End (like Jekyll)

#4 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

A tour would be good, who would people like to see in the cast?
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users