Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

Just saw this earlier. When you arrive, there's a set of 16 objects in the bar you can move around in to different orders. At 7.28pm they take the order the objects are in and use this as the sequence of the 16 scenes that make up the production. Therefore it's different each night. The actors don't know which scene to play until the number of the next one flashes up on stage.

Most of the scenes are very brief, some are nicely conceived and generally well-acted. There's a general theme of loss and isolation, a few of them dwell on death. No, not the basis of a fun evening - there's little to lighten the tone but the shortness of the scenes and the quality of the performing helps it along. The idea is quite cute, but it overrides any sense of substance to the whole thing. I think it would have been better to structure short scenes to provide some sort of thread and not play around with the sequence.

For a long time before the deadline, people were messing around with the order of objects, which struck me as pointless as it's obviously the order at 7.28 that matters, but I suppose you could argue that all previous sequences build up to the final one. I waited until the deadline then made the final move, putting a snow globe at the very end of the line. But as it turned out, that scene ended up 3rd from last. It's an outrage - I demand my 8 back!
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users