- - - - -

Scott Alan Impromptu Concert This Friday!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 31 October 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Is David hunter annoying anyone else? It's like him, Nathan James, a few others.. They've been in the industry for all of two seconds get on tv for a few minutes and are suddenly mates with all the old school board treaders of the west end lead circuit! Getting penned down for all the latest jobs and concerts. Personally if they've not sweated/died or cried on a west end stage i am not interested! Too much hype over actual talent and hard work.

Just because you have only just seen them on the telly doesn't mean they haven't worked hard in the past, see Kristian's post above. Plenty of talent & hard work, actually...

Annyhoo, lovely news about the concert, would love to go but can't so look forward to reports back please!

#12 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Although I was annoyed a little bit with David for stealing my audition song. :P WHEN I sang it Donna tried to tell me I wasn't a Tenor which confused me seen as how Awaiting You is full of Top A's and C's :P But I'm just jealous and bitter seeing my friends smash it on the telly box.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#13 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Oh-sorry-definitely more of a problem!Sorry!(Megabus?)

#14 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

View Postbickypeg, on 31 October 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Oh-sorry-definitely more of a problem!Sorry!(Megabus?)

7 hours on the coach! What possessed me to move here!? :P
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#15 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostCaityGlinda, on 31 October 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

7 hours on the coach! What possessed me to move here!? :P

Not to mention the fact that it's Hull... You've got the Deep though... look on the bright side :D I do love a good aquarium.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#16 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

It hasn't even got a good theatre!Well not compared with the Grand,West Yorkshire Playhouse,City Varieties etc....Oh dear.

#17 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostKristian, on 31 October 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Not to mention the fact that it's Hull... You've got the Deep though... look on the bright side :D I do love a good aquarium.

And I can easily get a ferry to Amsterdam, should I ever feel the need!

View Postbickypeg, on 31 October 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

It hasn't even got a good theatre!Well not compared with the Grand,West Yorkshire Playhouse,City Varieties etc....Oh dear.

We had Starlight Express last week and then we haven't got anything good until Cats next May!
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#18 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

A regular ALW fun fest! I do hope you're enjoying the course!

#19 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postbickypeg, on 01 November 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

A regular ALW fun fest! I do hope you're enjoying the course!

Luckily I'm loving the course, despite the lacklustre city :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users