#1 addicted to theatre

addicted to theatre

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Just received the notice for the new booking season and it says the following:

Ticketing Policy Update: £12 tickets
To ensure as many people as possible can enjoy seats at our lowest price range, £12 tickets for Olivier and Lyttelton productions (that are not part of the Travelex season) will now be limited to 2 per customer, per production (you may buy an additional two £12 tickets for under 18 year olds). Please note that the Travelex sponsored seasons will continue to offer over 500 tickets per performance at £12 and purchases will not be limited. Productions within the Travelex season can be identified by the £12 ticket logo printed in the brochur

I think this is a great idea as the previous limit was 7 tickets per performance which could lead to abuse (partic for the really 'hot' shows). What does everyone else think?

#2 VDCNI

VDCNI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

i was always surprised they didn't have a restriction before - they did tend to be snapped up by the priority bookers, particularly the front three rows of stalls.

There was the odd time I booked more than 2 for some of the big shows but this won't really make any difference to me.

#3 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

I was also amazed to learn only recently, here, that people had been buying 4 of these tickets at a time, and apparently perfectly legitimately.  Of course if they were entitled to, I couldn't blame them, but it helped to explain why I could never get even the one ticket I wanted when Advance booking opened.  It will be interesting to see if it makes a noticeable difference!

#4 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2099 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Per production rather than per performance is an interesting restriction. I guess people were snapping up lots of cheap tickets for friends. Makes sense I think .
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#5 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Very good! More chance to grabb a 12 ticket. And as I usually just buy for myself there is still a chance to see a play twice for the price, two per production makes sense!
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#6 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

I am a bit sad. Every season I organise a theatre outing from work (library services) and we all 4 of us go to something quite "safe" for £12 each. So that's that then. I don't think they will come at £47 a ticket!

I also organise a meet up of Uni friends where we all 4 go. Again scuppered.

I know, I know I am depriving all of you out there of tickets buying tickets but these people won't bother going if it's expensive (most of them cannot afford eg OAP, low wages)

And they were ALL new to the National....you see that is the way to encourage a new audience, find a complete obsessive (me) with an evangelical love of theatre and organising and let them loose with cheap tickets!

I think 2 ticket limit is a bit mean...what if you have more than 1 friend?

Perhaps the issue here is the price differential ....£12 then £47 seems a bit steep for the LYT

#7 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

oh no please stay my friend Latecomer!

#8 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

View Postpeggs, on 02 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

oh no please stay my friend Latecomer!

Of course! Although there may well be more £!2 tickets for you priority people now I am not redistributing them all!

#9 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Could your long-suffering husband become a Member also?

#10 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 02 November 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Could your long-suffering husband become a Member also?

Couldn't resist?

Also tagged with NT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users