10 replies to this topic

#1 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:12 AM

Anyone else got tickets for this with David Harewood at Theatre 503?

It sounds really interesting and I really rated him on TV in Criminal Justice so am looking forward to seeing him on stage.

I've booked for a matinee when I'm in London anyway for an evening performance....and that was 4th July so it'll be very apt seeing it on Independence Day (the tickets were more expensive on 4/7 for some reason so hopefully there might be something special to warrant the extra )

kjb

#2 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

I don't have any plans to see it, not sure I can fit it in. But there doesn't seem to be any apparent reason why the  price for that matinee is 20 as opposed to 8-13 as it is for all other perfs. You should call them to ask.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#3 Guest_Guest_kjb_*_*

Guest_Guest_kjb_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Backdrifter @ Jun 1 2009, 03:20 PM) View Post
I don't have any plans to see it, not sure I can fit it in. But there doesn't seem to be any apparent reason why the  price for that matinee is 20 as opposed to 8-13 as it is for all other perfs. You should call them to ask.

I've emailed to ask them but not had a reply yet.  It's the only date I can go and I want to see it so even if there's no reason for the extra other than it being 4 July, I'll just have to suck it up.

#4 Guest_Lenanshee_*

Guest_Lenanshee_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

I saw this last night and it was brilliant.  There was an immediate standing ovation from the audience at the end.  I think it'll sell out when the reviews come out.  I overheard a woman behind me say it was the best piece of theatre she'd ever seen.
Impressive stuff.

#5 Guest_cosmos_*

Guest_cosmos_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

I saw this yesterday - Sunday matinee. It was great. The acting was brilliant and forceful, and the play was really gripping and entertaining. A boiling hot afternoon, and the theatre was full. I am so pleased I got tickets!

#6 Guest_lynne_*

Guest_lynne_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(cosmos @ Jun 15 2009, 07:26 AM) View Post
I saw this yesterday - Sunday matinee. It was great. The acting was brilliant and forceful, and the play was really gripping and entertaining. A boiling hot afternoon, and the theatre was full. I am so pleased I got tickets!

I also made it to the matinee yesterday and was thoroughly impressed.  Lorraine Burroughs was a revelation and David Harewood made me gasp once and smile quite a number of times.  I must also add that a Sunday 5pm matinee is a great way to end the weekend - time for a relaxing Sunday lunch, a great piece of theatre and still home before 8.00pm - Perfect!

#7 Guest_Adany Green_*

Guest_Adany Green_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

I saw this last week and was completely bowled over. A fantastic production of a compelling new play from an exciting new playwright, Katori Hall. David Harewood and Lorraine Burroughs were both outstanding. Big thumbs up. Get a ticket pronto and get there!

#8 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

Thanks for the reviews....it's good to hear it's going down well.  I've not heard back from the theatre as to why 4 July tix are more expensive - but it sounds like it'll be worth every penny anyway.

#9 Guest_Guest_spy_*_*

Guest_Guest_spy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(kjb @ Jun 15 2009, 11:46 PM) View Post
Thanks for the reviews....it's good to hear it's going down well.  I've not heard back from the theatre as to why 4 July tix are more expensive - but it sounds like it'll be worth every penny anyway.

Maybe it's because Tim Roseman, Theatre Director, is getting married nest day!

#10 LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

Actually, I think it's a special July 4th (Independence Day) performance and includes extra things......not sure though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users