23 replies to this topic

#21 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Last time I was there, there was a women who couldn't or wouldn't understand why we were queing just outside of the toilets, in the bar area (too allow the men to get through) and insisted on blocking access for everyone, women couldn't get out and men couldn't go anywhere. I was more bothered by the people who refused to queue up one side of the stairs thereby making the stairs also a challenge. Still that weird angled wall once you're inside in them does mean you're always trying to stand at an angle that involves your feet being some distance to the rest of your body as you lean to let people pass does stop you falling asleep whilst waiting.  

Could they expand everything downstairs, is there anywhere to expand into?

#22 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

It certainly can't be beyond the wit of man or a gang of builders to re figure the loos. Not to make too much of it but it is contemptuous of the punters to have such an obviously inconvenient and embarrassing arrangement.

#23 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

The problem is many theatre's like this are grade 1 listed building which means they are restricted to the inside fabric of the buildings...unlike grade 2 which is just the outside!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#24 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 03 February 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

The problem is many theatre's like this are grade 1 listed building which means they are restricted to the inside fabric of the buildings...unlike grade 2 which is just the outside!

Well, apart from the fact that the Old Vic isn't Grade I listed (it is Grade II), and the fact that hardly any theatres are Grade I listed (only Haymarket and Drury Lane in London ?), and the fact that Grade II listing doesn't just apply to the outside, thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users