#271 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostPolly1, on 16 January 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

PS.  Could one of the RSC geeks please tell me if they ever do an understudy run in London?  Thanks.

I think they did do an understudy perormance in London, but I don't think it was for public sale. I just saw some of the actors talking about it on twitter. Pity as I like the public understudy performances and the one for this production in Stratford-Upon-Avon in October was very good indeed, particularly Oliver Rix's Richard. One of my favourite aspects of the production is Oliver's portrayal of Aumerle (and I agree he'll go on to be very successful), which has become quite nuanced over the run and I think the Flint Castle scene is one of my favourites - so wonderfully played by both of them.

#272 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Is Oliver Rix a relation of Brian Rix?

#273 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostLynette, on 16 January 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Is Oliver Rix a relation of Brian Rix?

You could be on to something there - the narrative of Narrative was focused on a photograph of Oliver Rix's bare bottom.

#274 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Finally saw this today!

Thought it worked wonderfully well, with a few outstanding performances (Tennant included) in a well-conceived production. Loved the choristers, and the set. Audience was well-behaved on the whole - some people behind us rustling sweet bags, but nothing more obnoxious than that, at least in the Upper Circle where we were. Some laughter, but not overmuch - for the 'let us sit on the gound and tell sad stories of the death of kings' speech the entourage sitting down got a laugh, but not the actual speech.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users