273 replies to this topic

#71 Parsley

Parsley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Had to phone due to absence of any "checkout" button on my basket page!

Box office very helpful and managed to get all my seats (front row for a RII matinee and Wolf Hall and Bring Up The Bodies all on one day at the end of the run).

I reckon the Barbican prices will be silly for RII and can't be bothered going through another booking process for no reason so decided to go for this at Stratford.

I do think it is a bit strange that all the Mantel "double bill" days are not until after Jan as would have liked to go as an xmas treat, but it should still be a big success...there are bargain seats for £23 in row C of the stalls level in The Swan for anyone not wanting to pay too much!

#72 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2086 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

There's a double bill on 2nd Jan but that seems to be the earliest opportunity. Seems very odd, I would have thought they would do good business over Christmas on these. Booked for it despite my reservations having seen Anjin at the weekend!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#73 igb

igb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Postxanderl, on 11 February 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Ah, so they definitely keep some tickets back for associate members and public booking?

That was my interpretation, certainly.  It would be v. v. bad if the RST became a members' only club.

#74 Parsley

Parsley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Do not worry....it is Mike Poulton doing the adaptation with the help of Hilary Mantel....they HAVE to make it a success...

His Canterbury Tales was so excellent...I have lovely memories of going to see in on NYE all those years ago!

And the best bit is yet to come...casting announcement.. !!

#75 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostParsley, on 11 February 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Do not worry....it is Mike Poulton doing the adaptation with the help of Hilary Mantel....they HAVE to make it a success...

His Canterbury Tales was so excellent...I have lovely memories of going to see in on NYE all those years ago!

And the best bit is yet to come...casting announcement.. !!

Do you have some inside info on casting then Parsley? Do tell ...

Also I know Mike Poulton was heavily criticized for Morte D'Arthur but I've liked a lot of his stuff, especially the Schillers.

When does public booking open?

#76 igb

igb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostPolly1, on 11 February 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Also I know Mike Poulton was heavily criticized for Morte D'Arthur

I don't think he was the villain of the piece.  I think that a lot of RSC people had decided it would be a good idea, and it was heavily trailed as well.  I went to the three workshops on it that Doran, Poulton and Barton did at Arden St, and at that point it was very interesting that Barton was essentially saying "I've always fancied doing this, but Greg's being very brave, and I'm not sure that it's going to work".  On stage, it didn't work: too long, not enough plot, characters you don't care about.    Every component of it was done with love and care --- good writing, good direction, good acting, good design and lighting on stage, good music --- but in the end the basic concept was just not right.  Shame.  But an honourable failure.  I suspect that had Doran not been the rising star of the moment --- it appeared he wanted to do it because Barton, his hero, wanted to do it, even though Barton was having second thoughts --- someone might have canned it earlier, but it was carried on by irresistible enthusiasm.

#77 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

#78 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Wolf Hall and the sequel is going to be on the telly too so nice that aspiring 'middle aged' actors can audition twice.

#79 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2086 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Barbican ticketing info - prices are £55, £45, £35, £25, £10

Day tickets - 30 stalls seats for £10 each, 1 per person, from 10:30 AM

First show on 7th December "currently not on sale" so I wonder if they are going to pull a Book Of Mormon style stunt :)
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#80 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

There have been additional tickets released for most performances in Stratford.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users