• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 oscardarling

oscardarling

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:42 AM

Just read about this on the news pages of the site...how bizarre! Have never heard of it before and it sounds quite strange and not something that I would make a note of to watch. Just wondered what others thought of it? Is it just another show trailing in the wake of 'Musicality', 'How Do You Solve...' and now 'Joseph...' and 'Grease'?

#2 Hobbittina

Hobbittina

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

Tried to watch it onSunday morning- it just bored me stupid- do they really think they can turn these people into theatre performers and teach them theatre etiquet?
I don't think it can work without a hell of a lot of huge tantrums.

#3 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

Hey! Here's a crazy idea. Let's let people who are trained and work hard to become performers in musical theatre have the jobs in musical theatre. Then let people who actually give a crap and enjoy theatre and will always support the arts go and watch the performances!!

#4 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

The show ... promises to "reinvent musical theatre for a new generation".

Every time someone claims to be "reinventing" an art form the result is utter crap. It's a phrase used by those who lack the talent to compete, so they "reinvent" the form to excuse the fact that they don't know what they're doing and are no good at it. I expect they're only one step away from freeing themselves from the tyranny of having to hit notes.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#5 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

So true Matthew!!

Musical Theatre doesn't need reinventing!! It's perfectly fine as is it!! If you don't have an interest in it, don't go and see it!! Very simple!!

#6 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

Sorry. Lots of exclamation marks. Getting angry!

#7 oscardarling

oscardarling

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

moose...what mad ideas you have...give musical theatre jobs to those who have trained for them? whatever will you be thinking of next...calling a plumber to fix a sink?...the gasman to service the boiler?...what a crazy kid you are! wink.gif

#8 Samantha

Samantha

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

Any idea where this one is going in to?

#9 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(oscardarling @ Mar 13 2007, 07:28 PM) View Post
moose...what mad ideas you have...give musical theatre jobs to those who have trained for them? whatever will you be thinking of next...calling a plumber to fix a sink?...the gasman to service the boiler?...what a crazy kid you are! wink.gif

I know! I should be locked up!!

#10 Photonickid

Photonickid

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(Moose @ Mar 13 2007, 12:00 PM) View Post
Hey! Here's a crazy idea. Let's let people who are trained and work hard to become performers in musical theatre have the jobs in musical theatre. Then let people who actually give a crap and enjoy theatre and will always support the arts go and watch the performances!!

amen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users