321 replies to this topic

#131 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3364 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

so what are the changes to the set design? and how are the new cast?

#132 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

How was the cast? What is the new set like? Any changes to the show?

#133 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

There's no Hospital Ghost on the cast list if that makes any difference.
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#134 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

I don't want to say to much on the changes, as people might not want the spoilers.

But considering they were 15 mins late starting and the 2 stops on Wednesday night they cast and crew should be proud, they did an amazing job.

#135 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3364 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thats fair enough, but generally how does the set and illusions compare to London as that was the best aspect?  All I keep seeing is that the show is 'amazing' (unsurprising as its mainly the fans anyway) but no one seems to specifiy anything which makes me suspicious that it is downscaled

#136 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

It has been downscaled, that was to be expected, they still have a number of the light screens as per london, but the apartment scenes etc came down from above, rather than using the moving screens.

I worked out more of how the illusions were done, but that was more during to the lighting. You saw how they did the part of when Sam is shot, and also the bags etc on the subway. I knew how they did the door before.

There are a few things that I wasn't sure about (It has been a year since I last saw the London version, and I only saw it twice, so not 100% sure if they are new or not)

Few more spoilers are below (just highlight below):

There are a few wig changes - the subway ghost, and Willie Lopez. Willie Lopez has also lost his tattoos.

There are now 3 ghosts in the hospital who all share the new song - Ball of Wax has gone

I can't Breathe isn't in the show, from what I can remember it is Sam singing Here Right Now.

A few script changes.

#137 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

How is Wendy as Oda Mae?

#138 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

I like her as oda may but I guess seeing the opening night and technical problems etc I think it is wrong to state to many things and judge the cast. All the cast did an amazing job.

#139 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

I hope we get some video footage soon... Im still really wondering about the sets etc...

#140 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Any news on Belfast/Dublin dates yet???
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users