Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

#145 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

she sounds beautiful! big fan of rebecca, can't wait to see this. what a voice and so much emotion i can't bare it!

#146 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Wow... I've never heard of her but her voice is fabulous ..

#147 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Rebecca is a great talent. Beautiful voice.

#148 danieldabell

danieldabell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Incredible transfer onto tour!
For all of the references to changes for the tour; these are largely because it's a transfer of the Broadway version in terms of music & lyrics, with the song changes and additions.
The show is remarkably epic for a tour & has amazing staging, cast & effects. The video projection screens aren't automated moving blocks across the stage, but are on all side and move up/down along with other scenes that come down or from the side of the stage. Some of the effects remain & are still incredible. The staging in some ways feels more epic because of so much moving on & off the stage. The lighting is incredible too, as is the sound.
My only disappointment (which is hard to say as it's one of my top shows!) is the lack of the best illusion, which was the appearing/disappearing of Sam in the original. This isn't present & I expect would be too complicated to tour (and control the lighting of each venue!). If anyone hasn't seen that illusion, just watch the Blue Room illusion on YouTube as it is immense.
The good thing about it being a Broadway transfer is that the two weaker songs from the West End version are replaced with the superior songs from Broadway.
I will definitely be seeing this tour several more times and really is the most complex & epic touring show I've seen. It's spectacular, gorgeous, stunning & moving.

#149 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

What are the songs that have been left out from the West End production and what are they replaced with? (I didn't read up on the Broadway show and changes implemented there at the time)

#150 danieldabell

danieldabell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

The weaker songs were BALL OF WAX and LIFE TURNS ON A DIME. Both new songs have similar lyrics, indeed keeping the old titles as lyrics within them. They're now called YOU GOTTA LET GO and (still) LIFE TURNS ON A DIME, but is a different song. There are lyric changes around different songs, particularly in SUSPEND MY DISBELIEF/I HAD A LIFE, and I CAN'T BREATHE is not in it. The music to that song is present with an alternate version of UNCHAINED MELODY over the top if it. There is a different Overture too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users