#221 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostGhostmusicalfan, on 30 May 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

More dates will be announced later this year for 2014.  Venues to be confirmed.

Great :)

#222 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Wickedlover: I was at the tour yesterday and the merchandise stall, as far as I could see, didn't have that much to offer. They had the women's "Unchained Melody" white T-shirt, the keychain, the original cast soundtrack and the pen.

I really enjoyed the show overall. Having seen it previously on the West End I was really looking forward to seeing the tweaks that they had made for when the show opened on Broadway. I must agree with a previous poster who mentioned "You Gotta Let Go". It was a mediocre replacement for "Ball of Wax" and it still didn't seem to fit in and really tell that part of the plot well. I was also really disappointed that they changed "Life Turns On A Dime" as I quite liked the song as it was originally. I found myself missing Carl's lines of "You're young, you're still young, so gorgeous too, there are songs to be sung, a life waiting for you" which builds up to Molly saying "I think you should go now.", whereas her line wasn't so understandable with the way they changed the song.

The projections and illusions were still very impressive and my favourite still remains to be the Subway scene. Cast-wise, Wendy Mae Brown was brilliant as Oda Mae and brought great comic relief alongside Sam. Rebecca Trehearn had a great voice and was emotionally very good. I thought her anger translated very well, in particular. However, her rendition of "With You" didn't move me the same as it did with Caissie Levy. Whilst it was still very emotional on the part of Rebecca, I didn't find myself getting teary-eyed like I had listening to Caissie's version. I'll give her credit though, it's a tough, emotional role to pull off and she did do well.

If Ghost is heading to a town near you, I would recommend seeing it as it's an impressive touring production on a big scale with a talented cast. I was just slightly disappointed with the two song changes.

#223 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Anyone know if the current cast is there for the whole tour? I know the tour continues well into 2014 ... Will there be a cast change ??

#224 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

The current cast will be the same for all announced venues to date as far as I know.
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#225 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

ah very good, assuming more dates & venues will be annonced do you think will there be different cast for those dates?

#226 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Time will tell.
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#227 danieldabell

danieldabell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

Still a stunning visual feast of a show as well as packing an emotional punch. I love this show.
Couple of issues in Wolverhampton last night though...
Projections went wrong during subway scene and they had to do it with no projections, which then doesn't sell the trick at all!
Molly's sculpture also fell over while she sang Nothing Stops Another Day!
Sam also accidentally moved a cigarette packet when he hadn't quite learnt how to do that yet!
Still... amazing amazing show.

#228 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 15 June 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

ah very good, assuming more dates & venues will be annonced do you think will there be different cast for those dates?
I just read that the tour is cut short to March 2014.

#229 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Postcanadian_turtle, on 18 June 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

I just read that the tour is cut short to March 2014.

ah wonder why? where you read it ?

#230 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Maybe they're bringing it back into town?? ;)

To be fair the only reason it failed first time round was because of ridiculous and over ambitious decisions by the producers! I get the impression that the tour has really invigorated peoples interest in the show and I can see it being a big hit back in town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users