#301 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Just booked tickets to see this in Woking on November the 16th, going on my own, which will be interesting as I have never been to the theatre on my own, but its something I hope to be able to do more often in the future, as I often want to see things that none of my friends or family do.
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#302 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

You go for it. I often visit a show alone.  It never bothers me, even though I like taking people when it happens.

#303 danieldabell

danieldabell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

I've seen many shows alone now (over 30 this year) and remember the first time feeling anxiety-provoking! It becomes more enjoyable the more you do it and allows for flexibility with shows you can attend, buying single seats at a discount etc. You may even sit next to interesting people to say hello to! Enjoy- one of my favourite shows!!

#304 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

Nigel Harman is to join Jason Donovan as a guest judge for Ghost is Dancing at The Mayflower, Southampton on the 3rd November.  Looks set to be a sensational night raising thousands for BBC Children in Need!

2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#305 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Do it, Really good way of making new friends as well.. I went in last week to See the Commitments and came out with a new friend :)

#306 danieldabell

danieldabell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

Has there been a better illusion in a musical than the original west end / broadway illusion of Sam appearing/disappearing mid- stage? Best theatrical illusion I've ever seen.

#307 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3362 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

Bilbo vanishing in lotr beat it in my view

#308 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

So I saw this last night. I loved it. Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Didn't find going on my own too bad but didn't really speak to any other audience members either. The special effects were amazing and the cast was fantastic in my opinion. Would definitely go again if I had the opportunity!
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#309 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Sorry for the double post but just booked to go again next Saturday, 3 of the girls from work are already going so I'm going with them, not sitting with them though, they are in the stalls and I am in the upper circle, 2nd row, think I sat here for something once before but I can't remember what the view was like, Still the seat was slightly cheaper than the one I had yesterday! I can't wait!! :D Never seen the same show twice in such a short space of time, with rock of ages it was just over a year, grease just over 2 years and starlight express six years!

#310 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

I saw this yesterday and really loved it again. Has to be one of the best sets to ever tour the UK! Unfortunately Sam (was an understudy) & Molly are nowhere near as good as the West End ones. Molly had a very shrieky voice and seemed out of tune a lot. An off day perhaps.

Anyhow. Is it likely to add more venues after Oxford in March, or is the tour finishing then? Would like to see it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users