321 replies to this topic

#61 theatrically

theatrically

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I have to say I find this all very odd.Another day another venue announcement but no cast.Can anyone else think of a show where rehearsals start in 6 days but no cast announcement ??

#62 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

I really hope the Will Young rumour is just that, a rumour.  I really like Will and think in the right role he is good (e.g. The Emcee) but a Sam he is not

And yes shows do sometimes enter rehearsals without officially announcing the cast.

The Ghost tour is being handled pretty badly with the drip feeding of venues and lack of cast announcement when everyone seems to know (except who is playing Sam).

#63 musicalfan93

musicalfan93

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

The marketing for Ghost whilst it was in London was bad, I was hoping they would have realised this and upped their game for promoting the tour. Do many fans get left in charge of official twitter/Facebook pages or is this the producers being a bit lazy?

I get the sense that when the casting announcement finally comes, the excitement won't quite be there because of how frustrated a lot of people seem to be that it has taken this long. People just want to know now, officially. People have been mentioned on here as being cast, if they can talk about it, can't they just confirm it? I'm waiting until casting is announced before I book, I love the show but the cast needs to make me feel like the show is in safe hands.
LONDON: A Chorus Line x3|American Psycho x1|Avenue Q x1|Blood Brothers x6|Charlie and The Chocolate Factory x2|Evita x1|Ghost x11|Hair x3|Hairspray x1|Imagine This x1|Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat x2|Legally Blonde x2|Lend Me A Tenor x1|Les Miserables x2|The Lion King x7|Lord of the Rings x4|Love Never Dies x6|Matilda x1|Oliver! x1|Phantom of the Opera x2|Priscilla Queen of the Desert x3|Scrooge x1|Shrek x1|Sister Act x2|Spamalot x3|Sweeney Todd x2|We Will Rock You x4|Wicked x9|Wizard of Oz x1 UK TOUR: Blood Brothers x2|Cabaret x1|Evita x1|Ghost x2|Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat x4|Rocky Horror Show x3|Scrooge x1  LEEDS: Peter Pan x1  BROADWAY: Wicked x1
PLAYS: Coriolanus (Donmar Warehouse) x2|King Lear (National Theatre 2014)|Othello (National Theatre 2013) x1|Macbeth (The Globe 2013) x1|The Cripple of Inishmaan x1

#64 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yeah must admit its annoying me to he honest, can't understand what the wont just announce it!

#65 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yeah must admit its annoying me to he honest, can't understand what the wont just announce it!

#66 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Agreed, the show has been badly produced from day one

West End people using fans to run their social networking is more common but ive not heard of shows doing it.  But hey a fan who probably works for free (they usually do) except for maybe the odd free ticket and the status of being their pages webmaster

#67 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

I have to agree about the lack of lead cast announcements but I guess we only have to now wait until next week

#68 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Anyone any idea when the cast will be officially announced?

#69 aniali

aniali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Yep. Monday will be cast announcement. Bit of a hint . It certainly won't " light your fire"

#70 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

If the Will Young rumour turns out to be true that is ridiculous, thats even worse than the Mark Evans casting.  Will Young is great, but a Sam he is not!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users