#81 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostTitan, on 03 March 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

will was great as emcee but he is not a sam. yes he will draw the crowds but there is a chance that all the women who loved the movie and patrick swayze will laugh at the casting of will and say no way. there was a huge backlash with the first dirty dancing tour and the lead guy not being manly enough for that role.

So really what you are saying is because he is an openly gay guy he cannot or should not be cast in a heterosexual role. Rupert Everett was clearly right then when he said that performers should not necessarily come out. I thought this was the 21st century? So you have to be a murderer to play Macbeth? It is clearly a good job the "crowds....of women" are not aware that many of their favourite TV actors and presenters are gay but choose to keep their private lives private for the sake or their careers.

Should Will Young be cast - he will no doubt be very charismatic in the role with a spendid voice and excellent chemistry with his leading lady - it's called acting.

#82 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

being gay has nothing to do with it, being camp and theatrical in everything he does does

luke evans was great at playing straight masculine men, as are many other actors. some however are just to camp (e.g oliver thornton) to pull it off. and yes you can also be camp amd straight, so it isnt a sexuality thing at all.

#83 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostTitan, on 03 March 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

will was great as emcee but he is not a sam. yes he will draw the crowds but there is a chance that all the women who loved the movie and patrick swayze will laugh at the casting of will and say no way. there was a huge backlash with the first dirty dancing tour and the lead guy not being manly enough for that role.

That's exactly what I wanted to say but also didn't want to say it if you get me!

#84 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Will does not have the right look for Sam Wheat, compared to who have played the role previously Richard and Mark and even Sam Edwards they have gone for a more muscular look and a bigger build, something will does not have! Will was great as the Emcee as it was a theatrically camp part that he played extremely well but i really don't think he has the right look or voice for the role.
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#85 Dontknowalot

Dontknowalot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Stewart Clarke (Loserville) will play Sam

#86 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

oh yeah thats much more like it!

#87 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostDontknowalot, on 03 March 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Stewart Clarke (Loserville) will play Sam

If true brilliant !!!

#88 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm not sure yet if I am happy about this or not as I didn't think he had the strongest voice of the Loserville boys...

Seems likely though as he Tweeted the following last week:

"Starting rehearsals on Monday for a very exciting project - can't announce sadly!"

https://twitter.com/...856464960614401

#89 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

So today is the day cast is finally announced according to twitter, Bradley Jaden from SHREK is in it!

#90 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

We are delighted to officially announce the roles of Sam and Molly are to be played by Stewart Clarke and Rebecca Trehearn in the UK tour. Believe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users