66 replies to this topic

#31 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Do we know when tickets will go On sale?

#32 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Tickets go on sale in January.

So far the venue has only been described as an unspecified deconsecrated church, but I think I've identified which one.

The MIF page for the production ends with an enigmatic credit: "With thanks to John Summers at the Hallé."

http://www.mif.co.uk/event/macbeth

Why thank an orchestra? Perhaps thanks are due because the Hallé is letting the production use its new rehearsal base: the deconsecrated church of St Peter's in Ancoats.

http://menmedia.co.u...ats-church-home

Would make a great space for a Macbeth production.

#33 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

"(inventing something no-one has said ? tsk tsk)"

;)  Wait and see, though.

HG, I'm with you on Berenice. Great to see an expressionistic design for a change. And The Physicists was refreshing, too.

#34 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostAlexandra, on 16 November 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

"(inventing something no-one has said ? tsk tsk)"

;)  Wait and see, though.

HG, I'm with you on Berenice. Great to see an expressionistic design for a change. And The Physicists was refreshing, too.

Apart from the fact that for Physicists large chunks were staged under the circle seats so we couldn't see properly! Pathetic.

I thought the rearranging for Berenice was a pretentious waste of time.

Oh dear, I have turned into a grumpy old woman. *Turned?* I hear the assembled crowd mutter....

Sometimes when they rearrange stuff it seems like a good idea but they don't quite follow through the practical details. I remember going to a production at Old Vic in the round and my seat was directly behind the one in front so that I could see barely a thing. Dancing in Lughanasa...that was it!

#35 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Oh and the building does look splendid - good detective work Duncan! :lol:

#36 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Did anybody get tickets for this? As much as I wanted to see it, there was no way I was paying £65.

#37 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3755 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I was strongly considering it, but decided not to; the expense of the ticket for a start, as well as the travel to Manchester plus hotel, it would've cost too much.

#38 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I somehow managed to get a ticket. Bit pricey but went for the last Saturday matinee. no accommodation required so will try for as cheap a train as I can get! I think it will be something I'll always remember so glad I'm going.

#39 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2534 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

This Macbeth, staged in a deconsecrated church, will be quite a test for NT Live as it's their first live transmission of a play from a non-theatre venue. Kenneth Branagh isn't giving public interviews, but everyone else is - so far, I've seen director Rob Ashford in the Independent and the three witches in the Financial Times.

#40 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 29 June 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

This Macbeth, staged in a deconsecrated church, will be quite a test for NT Live as it's their first live transmission of a play from a non-theatre venue. Kenneth Branagh isn't giving public interviews, but everyone else is - so far, I've seen director Rob Ashford in the Independent and the three witches in the Financial Times.
  It's not actually being broadcast Live is it? I'm seeing a broadcast at 8.30 and I assume kick-off is at 7.30. Sir Ken doesn't actually give that many interviews, contrary to his luvvieish image - only what's necessary to publicise a show and this one doesn't seem to need much extra advertising

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users