kerry ellis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_elphaen_*

Guest_elphaen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

does anyone know if kerry ellis is back doing her 8 shows a week after her long time of illness..or what ever her reason for absense is lol ??

#2 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

Kerry no longer does matinees.

#3 Guest_elphaben_*

Guest_elphaben_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:59 AM

is this a confirmed fact by stage door and why is this so??

#4 Guest_apollo_*

Guest_apollo_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

laugh.gif It's because she can't handle the vocals of it.  She doesn't want to end up Idina with her voice ruined.

#5 Guest_elphaben_*

Guest_elphaben_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

personally i think 1) its very wrong to market to the public that kerry is doing all shows when she isnt, there should be some official notice, like with evita 2) im not sure if she should have taken on the role if she cant handle it- many others cope with a 8 perf a week schedule!

#6 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(elphaben @ Feb 15 2007, 11:03 AM) View Post
personally i think 1) its very wrong to market to the public that kerry is doing all shows when she isnt, there should be some official notice, like with evita 2) im not sure if she should have taken on the role if she cant handle it- many others cope with a 8 perf a week schedule!

i do kind of agree, however most of the joe public seeing it wont know/or probably care who plays Elphaba as long as they are good. Many wont know who Kerry ellis is. She does look stunning in the adverts for the show at the moment.

#7 Guest_flooz_*

Guest_flooz_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:47 PM

Well elphaben, I personally think

1) You shouldn't take someone on here's word as truth and launch into a tirade based on that
2) You shouldn't go passing judgement on Kerry Ellis without knowing the full story. If you were a performer and were told, for example, that you had to ease yourself back into performing to ensure you get fully better, do you think you would say 'No, actually, I'm going to risk ruining my voice/health so I can do all 8 shows - must make sure I keep those superfans happy'? I doubt it.

Kerry is excellent, as are her understudies. They wouldn't have got the job they did if they weren't. If you're that bothered about what the 'stage door' say - why not phone up the theatre direct and ask what performances kerry is doing, then you'll know for sure and you can stop moaning about it.

#8 Guest_elphaben_*

Guest_elphaben_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:49 PM

there really is no need 2 get so bothered about it lol, id love more than anything to see kerry and i wasnt criticising her as a performer iw as simply passing comment..and no i dont believe everythin i read on this board! iv actually seen both understudies and agree in saying they are fantastic...thats why iv booked a maternee again knowing full well kerry most likely will not be on stage! what the number of stage door then....?

#9 Lou

Lou

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

I have read that she is now on 7 shows a week and will most likely be up to 8 in the next couple of weeks.  No idea if that is correct though.

#10 Guest_elphaben_*

Guest_elphaben_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:20 PM

wow thanks for that info...i would be SO EXCITED if she was on!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users