29 replies to this topic

#21 robg

robg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

am so glad others have mentioned how Fabulous  Stephanie Lawrence was in the role she was the first mrs J i saw and still my favourite after 48 visits , she has recently i felt been overlooked in interviews Bill never seems to mention her either , i must also say Joanna  munro was fab  as Mrs Lyons im going to miss this show

#22 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

I think Bill tends not to mention her as he gets quite upset.  She actually has a really special place in his heart.

#23 Una

Una

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

I would have loved to see Blood Brothers one last time. I saw it a few times in the Phoenix and then when the tour came to Belfast. The fantastic show is a huge credit and testimony to all involved!

#24 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Does anyone know why it originally moved from the Albery/Noel Coward to the Phoenix? Given the Albery is 200 seats less than the Phoenix, they must have been selling well at the time to justify the move to the bigger theatre.

#25 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Well, in the speech on Saturday night, Kenwright said they were given their notice at the Albery.
By the way, does anyone know who the elderly actor was on Saturday night standing next to Bill Kenwright at the back of the stalls in the interval? He seemed familiar.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#26 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Martin Shaw perhaps?

#27 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

No, just found him on Google. Howell Evans.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#28 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Warwick Evans' Dad

#29 robg

robg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

its nice to hear that Bill does have a special place for Stephanie , i saw the clip on u tube and was really touching seein the big screen with Steph looking down , wish & hope someone filmed the last song so we can see it x

#30 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Just to let you know, Mark Hutchinson is returning to Eddie again on tour. (With Maureen Nolan and Marti Pellow). I wouldn't mind if Warwick Evans or Philip Stewart played the narrator again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users