- - - - -

Arcola Theatre - Anyone Dealt With Box Office?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

After several weeks of trying in vain even to elicit a response, let alone the obtain the basic information I need, I'm resorting to starting a thread here to ask what others' experience has been.

I've never been to the Arcola though have often been tempted by their productions; it's a long and complicated journey and there has always been so much else to see and do.  This time I really did want to book for their new show but have found the Box Office bizarrely and frustratingly unhelpful.  The specific information I need to book is not on their website and they simply don't reply to e-mails, yet elsewhere I can see them trailing the show and inviting people to book!

Has anyone else here any experience of dealing with them, please?  Is this typical or have I just been unlucky?  After being ignored I obviously don't feel too inclined to give them my business anyway but maybe they're just too short-staffed to respond?

#2 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Unless things have changed, the box office is run by volunteers and only on a limited number of hours a day. That said they should have replied to you by now. Have you tried contacting them by telephone?

#3 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Can you not book online?  I just did and got a ticket for Saturday.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#4 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thank you, drmaplewood and mallardo.  I didn't want to book online as my question concerned concessions and isn't covered by the info on their website.  So I didn't want to book at concession rate, only to be told on arrival that I didn't qualify, but nor did I want to pay the full price if I was entitled to a concession.  I also wanted to get the answer in writing if possible, as I've found elsewhere that not all members of staff at the same theatre will give the same answer, so it's best to cover yourself by getting it in writing, just in case.  But I think it's time to give up - I got a friend to tweet them and they ignored him, too, so that's two ticket sales they've lost now.

#5 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

The Arcola website lists the five groups entitled to ticket discounts.
http://www.arcolathe...s-and-discounts

#6 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thank you, Honoured Guest, but as I said, I had checked and it didn't go into sufficient detail - for instance, what is meant by a "senior citizen"?  How would you know whether it meant "pensioner" or a particular age range or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users