6 replies to this topic

#1 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

I appreciate the mods are doing their best to delete this as it appears, but it's getting ridiculous - seems like every time I check the forum someone has registered a new userid and posted spam to a load of threads. It's getting like the bad old days of guest posters!

Some forums I post on force new users to have their posts moderated until they have made a few sensible posts - basically to check they are "real people". Could that be done here?
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#2 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Surely no one would know whether one is a spammer until they post the comment in question.
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#3 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi guys - we are trying our best, but as always we don't have the same level of ability/function as WOS Admin - we have gone through over the last few hours looking at registered users - there is a pattern coming with IP addresses and usernames occurring and done a pre-emptive strike on all of them. - we have made WOS Admin aware of the problem and hopefully they will sort a fix ASAP.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#4 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

We're under particularly heavy attack at the moment: there were 16 spam users registered in the last two and a half hours, and it's like that most of the time.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#5 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

How lovely to have the thread on the issue attacked.

Its rubbish spam too, complete nonsense messages, are they really expecting a positive outcome.

#6 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

As you may have noticed over the last few days, the board has received the anti-spam upgrade and the problem is greatly diminished, thank you for your patience. It is unlikely that we can ever be spam free but we do try to zapp the stuff as soon as possible, but it is a fine balancing act between making the board accessible, and keeping it clean!

#7 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Great stuff. thanks for all your efforts.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users