#1 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody knows a good online shop (uk) that sells ready made frames (preferably black, but not essential) for west end theatre folio type posters. I.e 32cm x 51cm.

I think dress circle used to do them but looking at the website they don't anymore. i have about 5 theatre posters I would like to frame for a reasonable price.

I don't really want to go to the extra expense of having them all handmade although I do know a shop that would probably do then for about £25 each.

I spent quite a lot of time searching the web but can't find anywhere that sells ready made frames of that size. They are either standard A sizes or only available as "made to order".

Thanks.

#2 Caz

Caz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, walking around London

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostDragononmyback, on 14 November 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody knows a good online shop (uk) that sells ready made frames (preferably black, but not essential) for west end theatre folio type posters. I.e 32cm x 51cm.

I think dress circle used to do them but looking at the website they don't anymore. i have about 5 theatre posters I would like to frame for a reasonable price.

I don't really want to go to the extra expense of having them all handmade although I do know a shop that would probably do then for about £25 each.

I spent quite a lot of time searching the web but can't find anywhere that sells ready made frames of that size. They are either standard A sizes or only available as "made to order".

Thanks.

Hi,

I can't imagine Dress Circle doesn't do them anymore...they are still open in Monmouth Street but now everything is on one level... why don't you give them a call 0207 240 2227, they have always done the black poster frames and fit perfectly although they are not cheap!

Good Luck
Caz

#3 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Thanks.
I have email ed them and they said they don't have any in stock at the moment but are hoping to get some in a few weeks time and will put them up on the website when they come into stock.

The price is £24 each plus postage.

#4 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

I have two of the poster frames from Dress Circle up on my wall and they show off my Ghost and Wicked posters really well, the Wicked one especially due to the green and black colour theme! They are good quality frames and fit the posters perfectly, so if you don't mind waiting until they have them in stock then I would go for them.

#5 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

I had mine from Ebay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users