#11 VDCNI

VDCNI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

View Postdude-1981, on 23 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Quite - I've often looked around and pondered if I am the youngest person there and there is normally about 2 or 3 within 10/15 years of me and then the rest well above that.

My mate and I went to The Judas Kiss at Richmond recently (not the Orange Tree but the same demographic) and he commentated that it had a much younger audience than usual - an average of 50 something rather than 70 something!

Missed this was on - shame it looks interesting.

#12 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Still time to catch this one, VDCNI!  As for the typical audience age, one lady at yesterday's Q + A said at least twice "We're all here with our bus passes" or something of the sort, and I thought "Speak for yourself!", as I'm still too young to qualify for one of those and the person in the next seat was clearly a mere girl, or at least a very young adult.  Older people have often seen previous productions or comparable plays, which enriches the discussion; the only disadvantage, as I see it, is that you need to sit on an aisle and be quick off the draw at the interval or the end, or you face a very long wait for the loos or to leave the building.

#13 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Postfringefan, on 23 November 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Older people have often seen previous productions or comparable plays, which enriches the discussion; the only disadvantage, as I see it, is that you need to sit on an aisle and be quick off the draw at the interval or the end, or you face a very long wait for the loos or to leave the building.

No problem, it's unreserved seating so just sit in the front row downstairs and you can make your escape directly across the stage, there are a few seasoned oldies who block the doorway where you go in (about 20 minutes before the start) but those of us trained in the giant scrum to get into the Young Vic in the old days can easily elbow them aside and have our choice of seats. There is some sort of local knowledge involved in sitting upstairs though, the local oldsters seems to prefer the corner seats, not sure why, more leg room maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users