65 replies to this topic

#21 Rick2010

Rick2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostMS1995, on 26 January 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Can someone please tell me which characters sing which songs? as I can't work out if the Concept album has some people sharing roles, as I know Julie Atherton does It's been a year on it, but in the cast she is 'French teacher' so it would appear she should be singing 'Lost in translation' which is done by Louise Dearman on the album!

On the Album Julie sing the Lap dancer role which will be played by Cynthia Erivo in the Soho Theatre production. Julie will playing French Teacher.

#22 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ooh ok, I actually much prefer Julie singing its been a year to her lost in translations, and would've liked to have seen Nikki as the French teacher! But oh well still can't wait to see this in 12 days! :D
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#23 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Just realised my ticket for this is standing...oops.

#24 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Does anybody know the running time of this?

I am going to a matinee which starts at 4pm and was wondering if it is later than the majority of matinee's that start around 2:30pm / 3pm because it is quite short because I am considering going to see an evening performance of something else afterwards.

#25 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostDragononmyback, on 30 January 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Does anybody know the running time of this?

I am going to a matinee which starts at 4pm and was wondering if it is later than the majority of matinee's that start around 2:30pm / 3pm because it is quite short because I am considering going to see an evening performance of something else afterwards.

Well they are on again at 7.30 so you should be fine...

edited to say; actually somebody just asked on Twitter - "75 mins straight through"

#26 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postfreckles, on 30 January 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Well they are on again at 7.30 so you should be fine...

edited to say; actually somebody just asked on Twitter - "75 mins straight through"

Ok, Thanks, it is quite a short one then.
75 mins means it should be over by 5:30pm them, gives plenty of time for something later.

#27 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

85 minutes tonight.

#28 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I saw it on opening night. Some teething problems with the smoothness of the set and at least one mic was a bit "crackly". I really enjoyed it and could see this being improved with a bigger set design. I thought the show was really good and I hope to see it again before it finishes to see the teething problems ironed out. Performance wise Julie Atherton and Cynthia Erivo were the stand outs for me. Go see it if you can

#29 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I was there at the first preview too & thought it was good, but not great. It reminded me a bit of Ordinary Days or From Up Here; but a bit melancholy & earnest overall. The songs weren't very memorable but there were some excellent people in it & when people like Julie Atherton got to do a solo, it was amazing. In fact everyone was really good but somehow I didn't connect with the characters. I think it was the material...

It was the first preview & there were a few sound issues (a few mic drops & band too loud, you could hear the soloists but whenever there was a group number it was hard to hear the lyric – and it's the sort of show where you need to hear every word.) They seemed to have a few difficulties with the set too, the cast have to move it & it kept getting stuck, but I'm sure they will iron these things out.

So the sum of the parts didn't quite produce the right total, but with a bit of tweaking I think it will do well. It was very short (75 mins with no interval) and a pleasant evening but I don't feel the need to rush back. It will be interesting to see the reviews. Such a buzz on Twitter etc and everyone seemed determined to love it, myself included! But I came away feeling a bit flat...

#30 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Sorry about my typing, on my phone!

Also tagged with Lift, Craig Adams, Soho Theatre, Julie Atherton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users