5 replies to this topic

#1 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I know this only started previewing last night, but has anyone seen it yet, or booked to do so?  I admit I succumbed to the bargain offer for the first three nights, but I've enjoyed Steve Waters' previous plays.  Just such a pain that plays in the downstairs auditorium always start so horribly late - if they have to stagger the start times, why not 15 mins before the main house, not after?

#2 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

I was mailed an offer this afternoon - see this and the next Downstairs show for 15 for the two, book with code 2for1
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#3 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

That's interesting, as Hampstead Theatre tweeted yesterday that they'd have something of interest today, but I haven't received anything whatsoever - though maybe yours didn't come from them?    The deal I used was for £5 tickets quoting "FIVER", should anyone be interested - but only for this week, i.e. Thurs - Sat.

#4 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Mine was an email from Hampstead - it's actually £12 for the two shows. So you still got a better deal :)
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#5 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Is there really no-one else who has seen this yet, or are people hesitating to comment?  I've seen some favourable remarks on Twitter, but I agree with a blogger who said it reduced the writer to swivel-eyed boredom after 15 minutes.

#6 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

View Postfringefan, on 27 November 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

I shall post as usual, but wonder what becomes of those others who say they are seeing a production, then turn taciturn? For instance (off-topic, I know - apologies), I am sure I am not still the only one to have seen Ignorance. And I didn't even damn it as much as I felt it deserved...

I'd be astonished if anyone posts about every show that they attend. Surely each individual has a different set of reasons for posting. Some like to "damn", perhaps with the kindly-meant intention of warning off people who are considering also going. Some like to encourage a conversation which features various opinions from various perspectives. Some prefer not to "damn" because it can appear destructive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users