15 replies to this topic

#11 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

I had all three and TAC is the only one I keep going, it has most of the same shows as PBP and much more, and it'a a third of the price of PBP. Plus PBP seems hard to get on to, I decided to renew my membership at one point after letting it lapse and it told me there was no space so I just took that as a sign to stick to TAC. An interesting question though would be are these good organisations or are they killing fringe theatre? I'd argue they are good as I've seen many things that there is no way I would have paid full price to go and see, on the other hand I have seen a couple I was intending to pay to see. Also I do wait now before booking on the off chance they will appear on the site.

#12 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

The Audience Club is currently free to join, you just donate £4 to their chosen charity, which is Kidney Research. That really is a total bargain.
www.frontrowdress.com

#13 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Some shows are limited though apparently, with the £4 subscription. Not on it though, so you probably know better.

#14 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

It doesn't mention anything about limiting shows. Here's a link to their front page which anyone can access, member or not http://www.theaudienceclub.com/
www.frontrowdress.com

#15 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Prestige and Classic Memberships are both full so we have created a new membership called Understudy that you can now join. It is the same in all aspects except for initial access to some shows. Joining will give you a good idea of how the club runs, will give you the chance to see a wide range of theatre and concerts and to discover new venues and enrich your vista of entertainment in the city.

So I guess some of the big shows are limited access to the Understudy subscribers; only available after a couple of hours of being available exclusively to the other memberships, or something like that. Still, v good value!

#16 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

That is weird, I can't see that at all, it must be because I'm already a member, but you're right still very good value. It's honestly given me a social life I could never afford and it's great to be able to treat friends.
www.frontrowdress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users