155 replies to this topic

#51 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

It always piques my interest when someone says "I wont be posting again", only for a Newbie to immediately join the conversation with their first post, and with pretty much exactly the same views.  

For what it's worth, I've worked with MP, and frankly, I hope I don't have to again.  Good luck to the sound department, music department and company manager on Evita, I hope Pellow's mellowed, but I doubt it.

#52 The Scorpion

The Scorpion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostZippy, on 02 March 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Marti Pellow is 48 and looks a lot older than that. He has not aged well. I'm not sure how old Che is meant to be but I always felt he was meant to be a young revolutionary figure, maybe early 30s. And that's putting aside that he is a terrible actor and mediocre (at best) singer. Dreadful casting decision.

Che is supposed to be 24 in the show (see the lyrics in 'Oh, what a circus!').

This whole production sounds dreadful (not surprising when Kenwright is involved), but at least the show itself is a good one, unlike LND.

#53 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Basically marti now works for Kenwright. Doubt anyone else will employ him in theatre!! You are correct about the age.. Oh, dreading the Waltz scene.

He is doing the Marti Pellow 'hope' tour between blood brothers and Evita..

#54 EmmyA

EmmyA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostSeriously, on 04 March 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

It always piques my interest when someone says "I wont be posting again", only for a Newbie to immediately join the conversation with their first post, and with pretty much exactly the same views.  

I'm not quite certain what you're suggesting here but it seems to me that you either think LynnR & I are the same person or that we're collaborating. I can assure you neither is the case! The announcement of Marti Pellow being in Evita has only recently been made and personally I was interested to see what's being said on here, only to feel the need to try to redress the balance where the derogatory personal comments are concerned. I imagine that's where the co-incidence of LynnR & I posting similarly has arisen.
I just think it hits below the belt to make such comments rather than just give an opinion on someone's performance(s). After all, this website is Whatsonstage.com, not 'What's behind the scenes.com'!  
Please correct me if I'm wrong but don't the terms of use of this forum stipulate that defamatory & offensive posts shouldn't be made?

#55 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

O.K.then.I saw Marti Pellow for the first time ever in Jekyll and Hyde on tour.I have seldom seen such a poor performance given on the professional stage.He couldn't sing;his acting was wooden;he moved round the stage in a strange jerky movement.His first entrance at the deathbed of his father was greeted by the screams of women of a certain age (younger than me!)I too felt like screaming.I laughed quite a lot.The whole sorry show was fortunately saved by the 2 female leads and an excellent ensemble.He was worse than Paul Nicholas in the same role.

#56 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I saw Jekyll 4 times. Which says a lot about how much I enjoy watching Sabrina Carter on stage. Marti was shockingly bad in places.

I will still see Evita, I love the show. Previous to this announcement I couldn't WAIT to see it again. I hope the Eva they choose is amazing.

#57 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

They'll announce it soon.

#58 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostEmmyA, on 04 March 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but don't the terms of use of this forum stipulate that defamatory & offensive posts shouldn't be made?

An opinion cannot be defamatory... and being offended by something doesn't in itself make it offensive.

#59 EmmyA

EmmyA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Oh well, that's a step forward. The comments I was referring to appeared to me to be written as though those who posted them believed them to be fact, but you're saying they're not facts at all, just opinions. They certainly didn't come across as opinions though!

#60 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

You can bet when BK tours a budget version of Love Never Dies... Pellow will don the mask..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users