155 replies to this topic

#71 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

I don't see how or why it would be stunt cast as Evita is not a role any old actress from Eastenders can play. It's no secret it's one of, if not thee most demanding roles for a female in musical theatre

#72 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

I Just imagine it will be stunt cast, im not for a second saying that is a bad thing, lots of well known people could handle the role and although its never gonna happen Nicole Scherzinger would make a great Evita on after seeing her on sunday on the ALW tv show, it may not be stunt cast but surely marti pellow isnt enough of a name, and while shows dont need a name i think evita will have one, just my opinion but would LOVE to be proven wrong, time will tell :)

#73 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

I can't see them stunt casting Eva now that they've stunt cast Marti as Che.

#74 Ollie86

Ollie86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Eva will be Madalena Alberto

#75 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostOllie86, on 03 April 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Has that been confirmed?
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#76 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostOllie86, on 03 April 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Source? Or is that just a guess?

#77 Ollie86

Ollie86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

I've been told from a reliable source that she has confirmed her contract. I think she'll be a great Eva!

#78 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Thought she was fantastic in Les Mis and Jekyll and Hyde, so will be very pleased if your source is correct, Ollie86.

#79 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yes indeed.If I could also be certain of getting Che's understudy I'd book a ticket-I really like her.

#80 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

It appears to be true from this Twitter conversation

</p>

MadalenaAlberto@MadalenaAlberto23h
@nicgibney hahaha!! I'll be avoiding any staircases and meals offered by you!

Hide conversation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users