#1 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Welcome to the WOS Theatre Bar!

My name is TBFL and the occasional barman here... all friends old and new are welcome, especially those from the old bar (before we were rudely evicted without notice!)

Pull up a stool, unwind and relax.....

What can i get you? any theatre news or gossip you'd like to share??

#2 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Well hello Boy From London.

"O" Here, - known as Minsky on this board.

Large G&T please.

Bit quiet in here tonight!!

#3 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Someone had better say something theatre related soon or I will just press the trigger.

#4 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

*puts feet up*

So, what have folk seen recently? One Man, Two Guvnors for me this evening - great to see Tom back as Alfie.

To be fair, the "General Chat" description doesn't say things have to be intrinsically theatre related...

#5 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Talk about being trigger happy..... i guess general chat doesnt mean 'general chat'......

Ive not seen 1M2G yet.... not copnvinced its for me. Slapstick never works for me, one of the many reasons i avoid panto!

'O' Nice to see you... Hope all is good with you!!  Very Bond sounding i must say.

I'm off to see Sweet Smell of Success next week and really looking forward to it - also booked to go and see The Book of Mormon twice in February (it was SOOOOO good in NYC) Also want to go and see The Bodyguard, but something tells me i wont like it....

#6 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Have some news about casting for Pajama Game in Chichester as it is a bit soon for it to have its own page.
Is that acceptable  conversation for this spanking new bar?

#7 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

It had its own page already I think- Hadley Fraser and Joanna Riding?

#8 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostTBFL, on 30 November 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

Ive not seen 1M2G yet.... not copnvinced its for me. Slapstick never works for me, one of the many reasons i avoid panto!

I can't stand slapstick, and but I loved 1M2G - I think it's got enough humour and plot besides the slapstick that it just pulls you in.

#9 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Put my bit on the Musicals page, but Alexis Owen Hobbs will play Gladys in PJs at Chichester.

Large glass of rose and one for the barman.

#10 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, cats and photography principally.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Glass of the Chilean merlot please...

Feeling very smug at present over my choice of London shows for January, all booked pre-opening, and three receiving great acclaim:- Kiss Me Kate at the Old Vic, Merrily We Roll at the Menier (but ouch at the ticket price), and Dark Earth at the Almeida. Two yet to open:- Old Money at Hampstead and Sauce for the Goose at the Orange Tree.

Counteracting that is the endless debate of pre-judging stuff that you have not seen. I saw this week Beautiful Burnout (National Theatre of Scotland / Frantic Assembly). On paper something I would avoid, but both companies have proved their individual and joint worth in the past (Hymns / Black watch / Stockholm) whilst also throwing in an occasional blooper (Rabbit). BB was sensational. I hate boxing, but this was 90 minutes of pure theatrical joy. On the other hand folk are getting really excited about Viva Forever. I absolutely LOATHE the music of the Spice Girls and would struggle to find the enthusiasm to turn up at the theatre if I were GIVEN a ticket for the show. Does this make me a bad person?

My glass is empty - could you refill it please ....
The engine roared, the motor hissed,
And who could see that the road would twist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users