• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

TBFL-The Les Mis film looks amazing! There's a video floating around of Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe singing the Confrontation(not from the movie though) and it sounds really good! The whole cast seem to be good, but Helena Bonham Carter seems a little underwhelming. And as for Eddie Redmayne-oh he is just perfection. The voice, the acting, the body...just pure perfection!

Most people I think put it as Les Mis cos it Miserables, but some do put Les Miz.

G&T for me please, and one for yourself!
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2014 Theatre: Another Country, Protest Song, Medea, Ballyturk, Once, Miss Saigon, The Pass, Birdland, Skylight, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Commitments, Memphis, Phantom, Coriolanus, Good People, A View From The Bridge, All My Sons, Blithe Spirit, The Crucible, Richard III, Water Babies

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!, A View From The Bridge

#32 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Having seen a complete cast list, its practically a whos who of people who have been in  the London production. Turning is sung by Linzi Hateley, Lisa Hull. Gemma Wardle, Gina Beck. Exciting stuff!!  Too bad they cut Dog Eat Dog, but i can see how it could slow the film down towards the end though.

Minsky - finished all the christmas shopping?? Thankfully i avoid all that nonsense... im not a fan of christmas at all.... ugh. Apart from a good carol concert occasionally  :)

#33 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

TBFL-Yep, its a who's who alright!! Ross McCormack, who was Artful Dodger in Oliver is playing a horny sailor and Caroline Sheen's husband is the foreman!

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2014 Theatre: Another Country, Protest Song, Medea, Ballyturk, Once, Miss Saigon, The Pass, Birdland, Skylight, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Commitments, Memphis, Phantom, Coriolanus, Good People, A View From The Bridge, All My Sons, Blithe Spirit, The Crucible, Richard III, Water Babies

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!, A View From The Bridge

#34 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I found this online and thought it was very funny - it's Javert in the wrong musical...

#35 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Posted Image

#36 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Ahahaha, that is great. Thanks :)

#37 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostJoshClark, on 09 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

TBFL-The Les Mis film looks amazing! There's a video floating around of Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe singing the Confrontation(not from the movie though) and it sounds really good! The whole cast seem to be good, but Helena Bonham Carter seems a little underwhelming. And as for Eddie Redmayne-oh he is just perfection. The voice, the acting, the body...just pure perfection!

I thought she was really bad in Sweeney

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#38 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostReich, on 09 December 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

I thought she was really bad in Sweeney

oh and a tot of gin please

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#39 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hah! A customer!

#40 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I agree about HBC in Sweeney, but I think she'll be ok in Mis!

Barman, I'll have a pint of larger please and get yourself one x

Directing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users