• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

I've been waiting forever for a stage version of Moulin Rouge! I think the O2 is too big though, I'd prefer to see it at an actual theatre.

View Postcat123, on 21 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Having just come back from Merrily at MCF, I think Clare Foster would be wonderful.

I saw Clare in Finding Neverland - she would indeed make a good Satine :) - probably not famous enough for the O2 though
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#12 aimeeleslee

aimeeleslee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I think that to make a show such as Moulin Rouge work you would need trained, musical theatre stars playing Satine and Christian? Famous people to attract a crowd would be more suited to Zidler and the other smaller characters. Satine could be played by someone like Sierra Boggess or Idina Menzel who are big within the theatre life of things! Christian could be played by someone such as Lee Mead? You need two actors who know what they're doing!

#13 CWorrall29

CWorrall29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

I think you'd need a star to play Satine as she is the star of the Moulin Rouge; it seems a bit more logical. I think Nicole Sherzinger could pull this off. Not sure if she has the acting chops but certainly the voice, looks, sex appeal and dance ability.
I do think Moulin Rouge would work live though.

#14 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Ah sierra bogess is perfect!

#15 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Actually, Sierra is a really good idea!
She's famous enough IMO and has the talent and stage presence to play Satine.
Not sure about who could play Christian....
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#16 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I can think of plenty of people but none of them famous. I hate that that's an issue! Roles should go to the best person for the part, regardless of profile. But that's showbiz!

#17 MusicalBoy

MusicalBoy

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Sierra Boggess would probably be fantastic, but she DEFINITELY isn't famous enough to fill the O2 (say what you like, she just isn't known outside of musical theatre circles).

Also, of course everyone agrees that they'd rather have the most talented performer rather than the most famous, but that doesn't work in practice, it's easier for performers and producers when they actually have an audience.

#18 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

i cant see sierra in this at all. the role requires sexyness, star quality and a bit of sass, sierra does doeeyed innocent well but thats about it.

#19 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

I love to see this, but it should be in the round and not an end stage at the O2. My dream casting would be Anne Hathaway - you need a star to play a star. With her hype around Les Miserbles, it would be amazing. Maybe a risky choice, but Denise Van Outen could work. Odd choice, but I hear Emma Watson may wish to explore musical theatre?

I think you'd easily get Jim Broadbent back on board, and it would be amazing to see Caroline O'Connor return (who would be my #1 Satine choice if this was a west end theatre show). Can we have Hugh Jackman as Christian?
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#20 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

going on star quality Justin Timberlake could be a good option for Christian

Jackman is too old really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users