Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostTitan, on 22 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

going on star quality Justin Timberlake could be a good option for Christian

Jackman is too old really

I don't see age being an issue. Instead of a young struggling writer, make him a struggling writer. Sorted.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#22 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3364 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

theres an innocence to christian though so age does come into it

that said if its o2 arena its possibly not going to focus on story and acting and more on spectacle

#23 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Titan have you seen sierra as fantine?? Nothing doe-eyed about it. She's very versatile an actress.

#24 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3364 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

yes i have

#25 spendleb

spendleb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Is this really going to happen, any confirmation/dates etc?

#26 aimeeleslee

aimeeleslee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostTitan, on 22 November 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

i cant see sierra in this at all. the role requires sexyness, star quality and a bit of sass, sierra does doeeyed innocent well but thats about it.

the scene before 'past the point of no return' when they're putting on a performance and she gets all touchy with the phantom - that is sassy and sexy! she can do sexy!

#27 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I agree with Titan, I can't see Sierra Boggess as Satine in the slightest and (also having seen her). It doesn't matter how 'touchy' she gets with the Phantom, there's supposed to be a coolness and 'femme fatale' air of superiority there that hides all of her actual fragility, and I really don't think Sierra's got that.
(But with it being the O2, the main concern will be ticket sales and big names anyway, and not someone who can actually do the role justice.)

#28 groupbooker

groupbooker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Why do we need massive arena shows? Lets face it we have probably been 2to one or more and like it or not, we pay a stupid price ending up looking at the screens!
They are a means for some one to make a lot of money in a short while. Sure a big production of Moulin Rouge would be great but not any bigger than the Royal ALbert Hall. Yes we paid high prices for Phantom there but at least you could see the show easily!,
Mrs Brown is another good example,fantastic in a theatre but arenas -no way. I'd watch the dvd or tv.
I hope no ones groans I've gone of subject, but want 2 see what others feel on this subject while talking about this at the O2.

#29 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I dont like the 02 end of ! unless you are in the 1st 8 rows at floor level or 1st 3 rows of the lowest seated level you end up watching the screens for most of the time.How anyone can go and sit in the 4th level in the rafters is totally beyond me its like looking at ants on a picnic blanket.

#30 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I see Kimberley has recorded One Day Ill Fly Away.  I can still see her as a strong possibility for Satine

http://www.digitalsp...ull-listen.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users