3 replies to this topic

#1 stitcher

stitcher

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

I've noticed the Dance and Opera forums (fora?) seemed to disapear about the time the Discussion Board layouts changed.  Am I just being totally inept, or have they been discontinued?  Maybe they weren't as well used as the plays/musicals/performers boards, but surely they have a place in a Whatsonstage Discussion Board?

#2 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

You are right they have gone - this was in order to cover a few things.

1) to streamline the board - there were so many sections it became impossible to moderate evenly
2) it very rarely got used and was along with other sections cut due to this fact.

But the interesting thing is you are the only person to have mentioned it...so proof is in the pudding I am afraid!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#3 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

I think I mentioned it at one point in another thread but nobody noticed. So your general point stands!

I guess dance and opera could always be discussed in "General Chat" - alternatively in "Musicals" but they would probably get a bit lost in the deluge of threads there.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#4 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2540 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

It would be a breath of fresh air here if people would post appreciatively about a wider range of theatre, including dance and opera. Unfortunately, they'll find a general lack of interest, but they may occasionally strike lucky and get some sensible response or even rouse someone's interest in theatre a bit off their beaten track.

Also tagged with Opera, Dance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users