#31 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postart87, on 03 December 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

I was also (finally) successful on the new front row tickets system this morning (on a webpage that seemed to look completely different to last week). I still had a couple of minutes where I couldn't get the "buy tickets here" link to appear while I was furiously refreshing and opening new tabs. Surely the countdown should get to zero and then the link should appear automatically and instantly.

Agreed. It is a shambles isn't it. Completely different to last week and you need to remember your ATG password, which is apparently different depending on which theatre you are booking with! I had to get a reminder sent to me and reset my password somewhere along the way!

Congrats on tickets!

#32 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I think shambles is a little strong. It's only the third week of them doing it, and it was like a hot knife in butter for me. I too had the issue at 10am on the dot, but I suspect there were MANY people frantically hitting F5, which is bound to cause issues. Be interesting to see what it's like next week if it gets rave reviews........

#33 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3753 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

And if it's an utter dud (or they get a dud in the future). Good luck selling those seats!

So, is it through ATG now? Like normal booking? I honestly don't think the ATG sit stores your password ever. I have three passwords which I use, and only 3. On the ATG site, it does not let me in with *any* of them. Cue change of password. *Every time*

#34 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Well I only created my account with them this morning when I booked JC, so we'll see what happens next time!

#35 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

For the few who have seen this so far can anyone shed light on whether this is a gory one, obviously there is rather a lot of death but wondered if the donmar had changed its old no fake blood usage under the new regime.

#36 AnnieInTheStalls

AnnieInTheStalls

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Not gory - I don't recall any blood at all Peggs.

#37 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 03 December 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I honestly don't think the ATG sit stores your password ever. I have three passwords which I use, and only 3. On the ATG site, it does not let me in with *any* of them. Cue change of password. *Every time*

Sometimes I can book in with my membership number, and that generally works fine.  But if it doesn't give that option, and I have to book in with my email address, it's potluck whether it'll work or not!  A kind ATG operator tried to fix the problem for me last time I gave up booking online and booked by phone, but it didn't work.  The ATG site is just a mess!

#38 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

thank you Annieinthestallls.

#39 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostBeth, on 03 December 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Sometimes I can book in with my membership number, and that generally works fine.  But if it doesn't give that option, and I have to book in with my email address, it's potluck whether it'll work or not!  A kind ATG operator tried to fix the problem for me last time I gave up booking online and booked by phone, but it didn't work.  The ATG site is just a mess!

A very helpful ATG staff member explained to me (last time I had to ring owing to problems logging into their website) that there are actually 3 different booking systems, which they have been trying for months to amalgamate.  All look the same, which is why it can be mystifying to encounter a problem, including being asked for a different piece of information, e.g. user name instead of membership number.  Apparently it's also completely random as to which venue uses which version.  However, if you keep registering when necessary, you will eventually have access to all 3 systems - or, of course, if you wait long enough, ATG may have succeeded in merging them and saving you the trouble.

#40 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

View Postfringefan, on 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

A very helpful ATG staff member explained to me (last time I had to ring owing to problems logging into their website) that there are actually 3 different booking systems, which they have been trying for months to amalgamate.  All look the same, which is why it can be mystifying to encounter a problem, including being asked for a different piece of information, e.g. user name instead of membership number.  Apparently it's also completely random as to which venue uses which version.  However, if you keep registering when necessary, you will eventually have access to all 3 systems - or, of course, if you wait long enough, ATG may have succeeded in merging them and saving you the trouble.

At least the staff are helpful - that's something!  Glad you found them helpful too.  The trouble I found was that if I register instead of logging in, it didn't always recognise me as a member, so I wouldn't get the ATG membership perks.  And it got frustrating constantly paying booking fees when I shouldn't have!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users