#41 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 03 December 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

I think shambles is a little strong. It's only the third week of them doing it, and it was like a hot knife in butter for me. I too had the issue at 10am on the dot, but I suspect there were MANY people frantically hitting F5, which is bound to cause issues. Be interesting to see what it's like next week if it gets rave reviews........

I think it just about sums it up! Two weeks with one system then change to another and at the end of the countdown.....nothing. A big fat nothing. The page disappeared. Lord knows how I finally got it back...I think I went back to the website home page (only to find the Barclays Front Row tab had gone), then checked twitter....very quiet...then back to website and link was there. So completely random. I don't like random, I like organised. I suspect the reason I could book was that everyone else was equally confused! I suppose it sort of levels the playing field!
ATG = never knows my password, not matter what I use or how often I fill it in again= black hole. Maybe we should write a play about it.

#42 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

It sounds like that tony Hancock episode about the Mayday call.

#43 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

View Postpeggs, on 03 December 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

For the few who have seen this so far can anyone shed light on whether this is a gory one, obviously there is rather a lot of death but wondered if the donmar had changed its old no fake blood usage under the new regime.

Theres a bloody nose, dont recall anything else. Its violent though.

#44 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postpeggs, on 03 December 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

For the few who have seen this so far can anyone shed light on whether this is a gory one, obviously there is rather a lot of death but wondered if the donmar had changed its old no fake blood usage under the new regime.

That is an interesting observation. Was it a Grandage trait, or was it inherited from the previous regime ? The old "death by sword thrust to the armpit" always leave me feeling a bit short-changed.

#45 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Perhpas they will reintroduce real blood now they have their new audience in the front row.

#46 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 04 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

That is an interesting observation. Was it a Grandage trait, or was it inherited from the previous regime ? The old "death by sword thrust to the armpit" always leave me feeling a bit short-changed.
I appreciate it doesn't aid realism but I was always grateful for the lack of blood being hopelessly squeamish, the anticpation of people bleeding all over the place sadly turns me somewhat neurotic so was always nice to not have to worry at the donmar, in such a small space it is so unhelpful when the audience threatens to get involved by passing out over the stage :unsure:

#47 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

A couple of reviews, they liked it.
http://www.standard....ew-8385723.html

http://www.guardian....s-caesar-review

http://www.theartsde...onmar-warehouse

#48 Abby

Abby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Great to see some positive reviews for this, but my lower regions are wilting at the prospect of the special uncomfortable seating - esp at 2-odd hours without an interval.

#49 VDCNI

VDCNI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Did the Donmar have a no gore policy? My mate got very squeamish in the Jacobi when someone's eyes were ripped out and thrown against the wall leaving a bloody mark!

#50 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostVDCNI, on 05 December 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

Did the Donmar have a no gore policy? My mate got very squeamish in the Jacobi when someone's eyes were ripped out and thrown against the wall leaving a bloody mark!

That was a fairly mild casting out of eyes, by far the most disturbing staging of that scene was in the Rupert Goold version, right from the moment you saw the interior of a garden shed on stage with assorted tools hanging from a shelf - the banality of evil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users