6 replies to this topic

#1 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

The next year or so seems to be shaping up to be very strong for regional theatregoers with so many big name west end shows hitting the road

priscilla
ghost
lion king
war horse
wicked

with more yet to announce

and phantom, oliver and maybe dirty dancing still going

#2 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hairspray, Cats are also touring
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#3 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

I cannot wait to see War Horse in 2014 when it comes to the Mayflower. Same for The Lion King and Wicked if they ever come over. I have not seen Priscilla yet so I am excited to see that.

Would gladly see Hairspray again. Same for Cats though I would like to see a new look to it, perhaps a new junkyard set. It is not as though there is a chandelier in it.

I am looking forward to seeing Phantom less now after hearing about the changes.

I will say though that I had one of the best times ever this year when I saw Wonderful Town and it is going to be a challenge for any of these to top that.
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#4 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostTitan, on 28 November 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

The next year or so seems to be shaping up to be very strong for regional theatregoers with so many big name west end shows hitting the road

priscilla
ghost
lion king
war horse
wicked

with more yet to announce

and phantom, oliver and maybe dirty dancing still going

Indeed. Phantom is out there till may, as is the excellent Starlight Express. There's  also a very strong 9-5 touring till July at least ,  and some stops on the We will Rock You global tour . A case for abandoning central London for the train.......

#5 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostDavid J, on 28 November 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

I cannot wait to see War Horse in 2014 when it comes to the Mayflower. Same for The Lion King and Wicked if they ever come over. I have not seen Priscilla yet so I am excited to see that.

Would gladly see Hairspray again. Same for Cats though I would like to see a new look to it, perhaps a new junkyard set. It is not as though there is a chandelier in it.

I am looking forward to seeing Phantom less now after hearing about the changes.

I will say though that I had one of the best times of my life when I saw Wonderful Town this year and it is going to be a challenge for any of these to top that.

I would recommend touring  Phantom. Saw it in Bristol and Milton Keynes. The leads are exceptional, the audience were very impressed,  and the missing crash didn't register in Milton Keynes as they had beefed up the alternative effect since Bristol  and people were suitably surprised by that. Actually I would book it in Southampton too,  if the railways there didn't collapse with the first drop of February snow.

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Shrek will also be touring and another long runner will be touring as its booking venue but i dont know if it means west end closure so i dont really want to say but most can probably guess

#7 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Shrek will tour I think will be 2014. I'm guessing the long runner that will be touring is Billy Elliot,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users