theatre seating plans London theatre seating plan theatre seat plan

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Becky La Rou

Becky La Rou

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Wine and theatre and show tunes and..oh yes..wine!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

FYI

I was doing some lunchtime googling whilst booking my tickets for Charlie (Pay Day...finally!) and I found something that you guys might be interested in:

http://www.seatplan.co.uk/

It is like a site where you can add seat reviews and read other peoples and see a picture of the view you would have (a bit like theatre monkeys but it looks a lot better and with actual seat pictures!)

I hope this is helpful for all theatregoers! I just wish they had a few more on there...I want to know what the view from Stalls row T will be like (anyone know?)
One Singular Sensation....! :wub:

#2 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Shrek already has a view from your seat option for Drury Lane.

#3 Becky La Rou

Becky La Rou

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Really? Where? I don't see one? I'd be very grateful if you could point me in  the right direction? :)

#4 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

http://www.shrekthem...from-your-seat/

#5 theatremonkey.com

theatremonkey.com

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

www.shrekthemusical.co.uk, top navbar, second option "tickets." Hover over it and the third option on the drop down is "view from your seat."

The reason Theatremonkey doesn't have photographs of seat views is because it is actually illegal without permission of the venues - and they don't grant that, we've tried and prefer not to upset venues by acting in that way. We do get sent a few, and can't post them.

Where there are "view from seat" features on websites like "Shrek" we direct visitors to those of course.
As to other things, I'm delighted to say that after 12 years all the "advice" text has just been freshly revised in a new easier to read format, and work continues... watch this space...

Oh, and thanks to Whatsonstage for continuing to provide the news for us, and to the many WOS readers who also keep Theatremonkey going so loyally too!

#6 Becky La Rou

Becky La Rou

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the Shrek Link! That helps a bit! Although they clump K-W together and I imagine the view from Row K is a bit different from T as they are 9 rows away from each other?

Oh..Hi TheatreMonkey! I still use your site regularly! I am very excited to see the new format and revamped site :)

Any help is good help when it comes to theatre I think!

#7 theatremonkey.com

theatremonkey.com

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi Becky, yes K is very different to T. K has a mass of legroom and can see the whole stage, T is cramped and can't. K is one of my favourite rows, T is just somewhere I'd sit if I had to... Not sure why they clumped them together either.

Any help is indeed good - Trip Advisor can be helpful and there are blogs and other sites, but I'm so glad you are a Theatremonkey fan.

The site celebrated 12 years online on 1st December 2012 (older than "Trip Advisor" I think!), and I still love the fact that a single person (me) had done over 20 years of research before I wrote that first site, and I still learn more every time. It remains unique in what it does, and thousands of readers' help keep it what it is, I hope, too. :)

Glad you liked the text re-vamp, 6 weeks and a surgical wrist strap later... and that's just the start...

Happy Theatregoing,
Steve.

#8 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I never book a theatre ticket without checking Theatremonkey first.  Invaluable resource - thanks for all your hard work.

#9 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Indeed, theatremonkey is an invaluable resource!

#10 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostSteve10086, on 03 December 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

I never book a theatre ticket without checking Theatremonkey first.  Invaluable resource - thanks for all your hard work.

Seconded, and I have the book, too - they are my theatregoing bibles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users